Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emma and Annie have arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Well I feel sheepish...the lump I felt is inflammation form the FVRCP vaccine. It's already noticeably smaller than it was. Ah well, better safe than sorry.

I'm headed back to work to call their potential adopter and update her in abut five minutes, but I wanted to post the good news first! I got a good pic of Emma in the exam room which I will post later.

The vet only charged me for a re-check exam so it was $26.50. I also got them a slightly smaller litter box for the condo (Emma knocked theirs over and scared herself) and a blanket to go on top of their cardboard box, since that seems to be their new favorite spot. So that was $12.68 and they're well stocked up at $1081.15.
    I figured the lump might be that, but it is always best to check! Everything is sounding good for the girls!
    I've Been Frosted

Well I feel sheepish...the lump I felt is inflammation form the FVRCP vaccine. It's already noticeably smaller than it was. Ah well, better safe than sorry.

I'm headed back to work to call their potential adopter and update her in abut five minutes, but I wanted to post the good news first! I got a good pic of Emma in the exam room which I will post later.

The vet only charged me for a re-check exam so it was $26.50. I also got them a slightly smaller litter box for the condo (Emma knocked theirs over and scared herself) and a blanket to go on top of their cardboard box, since that seems to be their new favorite spot. So that was $12.68 and they're well stocked up at $1081.15.
    One of my All-Time Favorite PT pet stories had to do with the 'skin tag' found on the belly of a cat.

After a tense wait and doctor's exam.......it turned out to be a nipple!

---------

Good news about the lump!!!!!

And thanks again for your kindness!

LOLOL Richard. I don't remember that one.

My Speckles used to get that lump after vaccination. When she got to be about 12, I stopped giving them to her.

Good news and thank you once again for all you are doing for these sweet babies. I so wish I could fly down there to see them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I got two very sweet cards today, one of them had a note and a donation from Randi, the other was the second check from Mike, which Kelli was kind enough to pass along.

We're at $1111.15 I'm almost out of canned food, which is what Dr. St. Germaine wants them eating primarily, so we'll get stocked up in a few days. They're starting to turn their noses up at Fancy Feast in favor of Merrick and Wellness Core....these girls have good taste!

LOL! They deserve to be spoiled!

I wonder if the vet will want some kibble in their diet, or dental treats, after the dental surgery to help keep their teeth clean.

Hug those girls for me!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cathy, I'm happy you were on guard - I think it's best to be safer than sorry, any time.

Glad you got Mike's $$ and my card. It sounds like the girls are doing well in your care - and it's good to hear about the potential new Mommy to the girls. Fingers crossed and prayers being said it's a good match.

Thanks for all you are doing, Cathy!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm still here lol - I worked over 50 hours this week, which means the girls are getting lots of attention but I haven't had much time to myself. Annie is starting to explore the pen more, and to demand pets from people other than myself. This evening one of my regulars was chatting with Annie, who was alternately hissing at her and begging for ear rubs. I was very confused by the exchange, but she was purring the entire time so I think she was enjoying herself....at any rate, she could have walked away from the petting and she didn't. 0.0 Such a character!

Annie drools a TON when petted, and Emma does a little bit too! It's pretty funny and adorable, my knees are constantly damp from drooly kitties in my lap!

I'm still here lol - I worked over 50 hours this week, which means the girls are getting lots of attention but I haven't had much time to myself. Annie is starting to explore the pen more, and to demand pets from people other than myself. This evening one of my regulars was chatting with Annie, who was alternately hissing at her and begging for ear rubs. I was very confused by the exchange, but she was purring the entire time so I think she was enjoying herself....at any rate, she could have walked away from the petting and she didn't. 0.0 Such a character!

Annie drools a TON when petted, and Emma does a little bit too! It's pretty funny and adorable, my knees are constantly damp from drooly kitties in my lap!
    LIKE!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

WOW this story is amazing to read, one of the many reasons i have been on PT for over ten years, seeing the love from people here to help animals, it is truly fantastic. You were asking who Lisa is, i only know one Lisa here with a huge heart of gold and that would be KUHIO, i imagine it would be this lovely lady.

It is wonderful to see these kitties together, i hope they will stay together and be in a very loving home.keep up the great work , you guys rock.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Good news and thank you once again for all you are doing for these sweet babies. I so wish I could fly down there to see them.
    I do too! Could you please give Emma and Annie a pet from me? Looking at their pictures always makes me smile Bless you, snakemama!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Eeeeeeeeeeeek, soooooo...dentals are underway right now, and I just got a phone call I was NOT happy to receive. Both girls have EXTENSIVE damage to their mouths due to feline orthodontic resorptive lesions....basically, their bodies are trying to re-absorb their teeth. This is EXCRUCIATINGLY painful, to the point where even cats who are anesthetized will get a spike in their blood pressure if a lesion is poked.

So there's good news and bad news. The bad news, obviously, is that they've been in a lot of pain for a long time. Also, they will both have to have a LOT of teeth pulled and it's looking like it's going to be close to $2,000 per cat. I'm going to start a new thread once I get the total this evening and try to get some fund-raising suggestions from folks here. My hubby is unemployed, so today's bill is mostly going on the credit card and I'm just going to...uh...hope he doesn't notice!

The GOOD news is that they will both feel a million times better after they recover!! Emma in particular has one tooth which is broken off at the gumline with the root exposed, and having that tooth removed will improve her quality of life immensely! Annie is having three canines removed as well as a few others, she's under as I type this so I'll update as soon as I know more.

I'm torn between absolute elation and panic right now.

Here is a good article about resorptive lesions: http://www.avds-online.org/info/felinelesions.html

Here they are last night; I gave both of them lots of treats since I had to take their food away when I left for the evening.

Snakemama, are they having their teeth extracted today? I was just wondering if there would be an opportunity to raise the funds before they have the procedure. If not ... well, I have not contributed to the Annie and Emma fund yet, so this would be a good opportunity !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

They are having them done today. The original estimate before the dental x-rays revealed all the hidden lesions was much smaller! I'll keep everyone posted, and I will start a new thread once they're home recovering.

Annie is all done and waking up, and Emma is going under now!!