Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emma and Annie have arrived!

Awww, perfect! Nice job!
    I've Been Frosted

Wonderful! Who could resist that beautiful description of these beautiful kitty sisters?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    OK, here's the profile I wrote up, what do you think?

Annie and Emma are a lovely, loving pair of orange tabby girls looking for a cozy bed to cuddle up in. Only about 25% of orange kitties are female, so two unusual orange ladies together should bring their new family lots of luck as well as love. They are sisters, born on March 26, 2002, and taken in by a wonderful lady in Los Angeles who loved them dearly until she passed away in November. Some friends of their owner got together to make sure Annie and Emma were taken care of. They are looking for a new family to love, hopefully before their twelfth birthday!

Annie is a social butterfly and a lover. When it's quiet, she comes looking for any warm lap she can find, and she will purr and purr and knead with her paws on her person or in the air. She also sometimes drools a bit when she's really relaxed (cute!!). Belly rubs are her next favorite thing to laps, and if she can't get into a lap she'll roll over and gaze invitingly at whoever is near to try and entice them into rubbing her belly. Plus, she has vivid, gorgeous nose freckles!

Emma also very loving, but she is shy and takes awhile to feel comfortable with new people and situations. She doesn't beg for affection the way Annie does, but if you rub her ears and talk to her quietly, she'll purr and close her eyes, and after awhile she'll even roll over for a belly rub!

Annie and Emma have lived with other cats before and would probably adjust well to a mellow feline companion. They had not met any dogs until they arrived in San Jose, and have been clear that they would prefer a home without dogs. They would probably be fine with respectful older children too. They have been indoor only kitties their entire lives and should stay indoors. Since they've been together for their entire lives and they're best friends as well as sisters, they would like to be adopted together.

They've been vaccinated, microchipped, and their teeth cleaned. They also both had bloodwork done, showing them both to be in excellent health! They are both overweight, and are starting to lose a bit of weight now that they're eating mostly wet food. These girls are mellow and very easygoing for things like nail clipping, brushing (Annie can't get enough of the slicker brush, I think she would happily be brushed from dawn until dusk), and checking their teeth. They use their litterbox faithfully, and Annie LOVES their cardboard scratcher.

Does your home have a warm lap and some nice sun puddles for these two lovely ladies to enjoy? Please email Cathy at [email protected] to arrange a meeting! (or leave a message at ***-***-****)
    I agree - PERFECT!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Here's their Petfinder page! Major thanks to Ava of FOSMAS for posting them up for me! (Unrelated: she also told me that Freddie - the renal failure kitty I took in temporarily last year - is holding steady! Wooo!!)

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/28451264/

Great news about Freddy!!!

what an extremely wonderful person you are to have done so much for these two precious furbabies, a bit sad that Gina's brother is not prepared to do more,the petfinder description and pics are just amazing, i wish you all the very best of luck in re homing these darlings.,and bless you for all you and others have done to find new homes for these girls, i am sure Gina is up above watching and so relieved her furbabies are being cared for so well.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Here's their Petfinder page! Major thanks to Ava of FOSMAS for posting them up for me! (Unrelated: she also told me that Freddie - the renal failure kitty I took in temporarily last year - is holding steady! Wooo!!)

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/28451264/
    That's great news about Freddie! Keep on keeping on, dear fellow!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So...that went really well!! Two ladies came by to visit, and sat with A&E for over an hour. Initially the store was still open and the girls were a little nervous to come out because of all of the customers and my noisy employees being hiper and loud. >.< Once the store cleared out, I turned off some of the lights and put on some music, and they both showed off their charms.

Annie came out right away, plopped onto a lap, and settled in like she'd always been there. Emma had to be picked up out of the condo and placed into a lap, but once she was there she sat stiffly for a few minutes....then decided she was ok, and made herself comfortable. She was even purring!

Tomorrow they have their final re-check for their teeth, and afterward I'll be bringing them to the house. They will be doing a slow introduction to their two current kitties (who have lived peacefully with other cats before!) and as long as that goes well, I think they're home!

We talked for a long time, about good cat foods and being conservative with vaccines, and kitties we've known over the years. It felt like a conversation with friends, and they live literally a few blocks from me!

Fantastic. Purrayers for a good vet visit and harmonious intro into their new digs.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Wonderful!

I hope they might join Pet Talk and give us updates on those precious girls!

fingers crossed and purrayers lifted -
    and a little help from Phred and Gini wouldn't hurt either!! )
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

This is wonderful news!!! I hope that everything goes well. Good luck.

Cathy, that's great news! Sounds very promising. Thank you so much for taking time to find them a perfect home. If these ladies take them, I hope they will keep us updated on PT.

Please give Annie and Emma some kisses for me - good luck, girls!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I just dropped A&E off with their new family. I left them Pet Talk's address, and they did promise to keep in touch with me with any questions. I also offered to cat sit if they ever need...they live around 1/2 a mile from me!

I did have to take off pretty quickly before I started tearing up. I'm gonna miss those girls. So happy right now! <3

Awww, hopefully everything works out! Such happy news!
    I've Been Frosted