Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma and Annie have arrived!

I did leave some Fancy Feast out for them too - I don't go in until this evening and I have asked my employees to leave them be completely for the first day so that only one stranger is putting hands in their condo until they've had a little time to rest and recuperate and get used to me. Hopefully the Fancy Feast will be gone, and maybe a bite or two of kibble too.

Oh, it's wonderful to hear Annie and Emma have arrived safely. They do look like they need some peace and quiet to wind down. So many new things happening in their lives and they sure miss Gini... like we all do, but I'm sure Gini is dancing a happy dance up there. Thank you so much to all of you who have helped.

I'll send you a PM about a contribution.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so happy they are safe and resting up now. Myself, I'd much rather see a fat cat than one that was skin and bones. Hopefully, when they get settled and have lots of room to play and the correct food, they will slim down. I'm sure our Gini is smiling down on all who helped them!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonderful news!!! Terrific to see how obstacles can be overcome when caring and concerned people are willing to make a turnaround happen. Kudos to all who helped make this miracle happen for these kitties and in honour of Gini, whom I did not know but was clearly a lovely lady with equally lovely friends.

I'm so glad to hear that they arrived safely. I hope that their vet exams and tests go well and they calm down quickly. I've learned that if you have an overweight cat that you should feed it less dry and more canned food because canned food has much less carbs in it than canned. You don't want them to lose weight too quickly though or they can get fatty liver disease. When my Ziggy was getting overweight my vet told me to feed her only 1/4 of a cup of dry food a day and feed her a lot of canned. This really worked for her. I now feed mine Merricks Healthy Weight dry food which is grain free to everyone except Alani who is on a special urinary diet. Good luck.

Cathy and I have been texting so I can get updates on how A and E are settling in. Cathy is brushing Annie and rubbing her ears - which Annie is enjoying greatly. Gini's brothers told me they could tell Annie especially missed her daily 'cuddles and love sessions' when Gini got sicker and passed away. So I know Annie is in heaven with Cathy's attention. (((Cathy))) Thank you so much for doing all this.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Oops! I wasn't done!

She said Emma is being kinda bratty when she tries to touch her, so she's leaving her be. I remember when the girls first moved into Gini's house from outside Gini had to invest a lot of time and patience into Emma. I know that seeing Annie enjoying all the love and attention will help.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy View Post
    Oops! I wasn't done!

She said Emma is being kinda bratty when she tries to touch her, so she's leaving her be. I remember when the girls first moved into Gini's house from outside Gini had to invest a lot of time and patience into Emma. I know that seeing Annie enjoying all the love and attention will help.
    Yes, jealousy is a powerful motivator - the one time my Dad ever got to see Pippin, LadysOtherHuman's original kitty, was when Dad was sitting in their apartment scratching Lucas kitty, and Lucas was purring so loud Pip came out to get in on the act and didn't notice (until he spoke) that it was my Dad doing the skritching, not Lady'sHuman!
    I've Been Frosted

I had a looooooong chat with the vet today and we opted to bump our appointment up to tomorrow, most likely so that she can tell me I'm overreacting and that I need to calm down too!

I *think* someone was picking at the canned food today, and all of the Temptations treats I put out early in the evening vanished, so I put some more out before I went home for the evening.

I also got a real purr out of Annie. My employees moved them to the break room this afternoon because it was busier than usual in the store. Once we closed, I opened one of the condo doors and sat down and chatted/sang to them and spent some time petting each of them. Emma doesn't care much for petting, so I mostly talked/sang to her. Annie really enjoyed her ear rubs though! She purred contentedly for quite awhile, until my behind got cold and i had to get up! They spent the afternoon in the bed together, but when I went to take pictures Annie had decided to curl up in the litterbox for awhile. (?? at least it was clean!)

Emma in the bed. She's pretty interested in watching what's going on, even if she's not ready for petting yet.

Annie in the litterbox, right after our petting session.

I'm hoping they are able to relax soon and can come back up front, I think they'll get a kick out of being able to watch the budgies in their cage!

I wrestled with myself about the carriers today, and finally decided to spring for two big, sturdy carriers that open from the top so it'll be easier to get them in and out to the vet/etc. The carriers came to $93.94, so subtracting that, and adding the second check that's on the way from Mike, we're up to $1383.72. What an astonishing group of people we have here.

I feel the weight of responsibility for these two much more than with any other fosters I've ever had. Knowing how many people are rooting for these two and relying on me to do what's best for them is both very comforting and a little scary.

I also felt, tonight...like someone was watching us and sending warm, happy vibes while I was petting Annie. I don't know for sure, but maybe Gini sent me a smile.

Also, does anyone have any experience or thoughts about using rescue remedy?

You know the last time I slept at Gini's in 2010 I had both cats on the bed with me and Emma especially was belly-up and she and I enjoyed the most amazing time with belly rubs, so the potential is there. She just takes time to get to know you.

If you can imagine the stress these two beauties have been through for the last 6 months, it's no wonder that they are acting strange. I know first hand that given time, they will come around.

As for rescue remedy I did try it once years ago when I had Max and Speckles but it didn't seem to work that well so I gave up. Mind you I've also heard good things about lavender. Jackson Galaxy swears by something called Spirit Essences and I'm not sure if that works or not. Just could be a marketing scheme but I'll try and do some research on it.

Thank you again Cathy for all you are doing. I just know that Gini's heart is bursting with all the support Annie and Emma are getting. Love the pictures and thanks for the updates.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

So glad they've arrived safely. I hope they come to a new sort of normal soon. I may have missed this but do they have a home lined up yet?

The girls look great to me. Clear eyes & they look bright and alert. Fur looks good.i think it'll be good to get the Vet appt.
    over with so you know what you're dealing with in the health department. To me, it looks like the A & E will probably adjust
    just fine. Just takes time & patience and, of course, TLC. They are both beautiful ladies.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sending you big, strong hugs! You are doing the most amazing and special thing ever, and if it were possible for all of us to love you any more, we would! I think they will need a couple weeks to be sure life is stable again, and love and attention will be an ongoing thing!
    I've Been Frosted

They are beautiful! Snakemama, I am sending you huge hugs !! I hope Annie will be willing to receive cuddles and love sessions very soon. Maybe Emma will be comfortable being pet and loved on eventually, too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678