Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emma and Annie have arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    There was a slightly elevated...er...somethingorother for both of them, but apparently it's something that is typically elevated during times of stress and nothing to worry about.
    That is most likely the glucose level. When I take mine to the Vet - if they have blood drawn - it's the glucose that is often elevated.

Just a brief update today 'cause I'm wiped! I left out two bowls of wet food last night and both of them were empty this morning! Tracey came to visit them tonight too.

Aww, cool!
    I've Been Frosted

finally got time to read thru this - and Cathy I KNOW it was Gini that you felt "over your shoulder"
    Thank you for doing this for A&E and Miz Gini. She was special to a lot of us. I remember when I stayed with Gini in 2006 I woke up at one point having Emma curled behind my legs. I usually don't have an affinity for cats - dogs I can usually draw out but not cats. I was quite pleased with myself
    I'll get a donation to you Cathy since I didn't get to send a memorial or flowers for Gini's memorial service.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

ok I sent the money and b/c I chose the send money to a friend/family member I **THINK** you should get the whole amount?
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Thank you Staci!! The ladies have $1112.22. On Sunday, if they continue to eat and explore, we'll do vaccines and microchips. Then I'll give them a few days to recover and make sure they're continuing to do well before scheduling dental cleaning! I'm going in to work a little late today because I helped someone load some stall mats into their truck and I am HURTING today, so I'll see them in a couple of hours.

I'm so glad you keep us updated on Annie and Emma, and I'm sure Gini is following closely from up there how they're doing.

I loved the pictures of them! Did you say our Tracey came to visit? I hope she got some pics, too.

Have sent you a contribution to their care, you should have it in a few days. Let me know.

Give Annie and Emma some kisses from me, please.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you SO MUCH Randi! I'll update immediately when I get it!

Today was a real breakthrough - I got a REAL PURR out of Emma! She looked so sad today...she spent most of the day with Annie in the cardboard box, not peering out or anything, I was getting very worried. I pulled her out for lap time in the afternoon, but one of my employees had to leave early so lap time got interrupted. In the evening, I stayed after and took her out again. She sat in my lap for a few minutes, then got up and tried to go back in the condo. I set her in the bed on the floor instead, hoping she would at least look around and be curious about her surroundings.

She looked around for a few minutes and even ate a couple of treats when I offered them, then went back into the condo and tucked herself into the covered bed. I reached in and started petting her in the bed, and she rolled over for a belly rub! (no mean feat for such a big kitty in such a little bed!) I rubbed her belly for a few minutes, and after a minute or so I felt a rumble...is that really a purr? I reached a little closer to her chin to be sure, and it was!! I went from intensely worried to delighted in an instant!

Annie has observed where the playpen opens when I come in, and she eyeballs that corner whenever she's wandering around. I keep waiting for her to try and shove it open to go for a proper wander.

Oh! I want to get them a scratcher! Does anyone who had stayed with Gini recall what they liked to scratch on? Cardboard/carpet, slanted/horizontal/vertical, etc? If not, I'll start with the basic flat cardboard scratcher and work my way up!

I didn't forget pictures either :P

Here's Emma's blissful bellyrubs!

And Annie pondering the best way to get out of the playpen!

Yay, Emma! You purred! Hooray! *kisses* And Annie, you are so funny! I can see your kitty brain working on how to get out of the playpen! I am sending you some gentle petting and *kisses*, xxoo!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cathy, thank you so much for the updates on the girls, it really means a lot to all of us to see them adjusting and looking so well.
    I've Been Frosted

Well fooey, I forgot to get pictures today. It was the end of my work week, and I have tomorrow and most of Monday off, though I'll be stopping in to clean their condo and feed/snuggle them. Tomorrow is vaccine day! I talked it over with Annie tonight, and we agreed that they would both prefer to get their microchips while they are blissfully asleep having their teeth cleaned, so microchips have been postponed. If they continue to be happy and hungry after vaccine day, I'll call the white-coats on Tuesday to schedule the dentals.

Today a big dog barked once at the girls, and while they were both startled, I sat down with them a few minutes lat and they both seemed completely recovered. Today was also the first day I let someone other than myself come in to the playpen and pet them. Towards teh end of the night, when we were having lap time, one of my favorite customers came in. She's a lively older lady with a soft spot for orangies and a lot of kitty rescues under her belt, so I knew she would love them and she did! She also teaches at a local community college and has a LOT of contacts, and she offered to help put the word out about two sweeties needing a cozy bed to sleep in.

I also got an email today with a donation from Richard, putting the girls at $1212.22. Thank you Richard and crew! You rock! ^_^

And now...I worked over 50 hours this week, it's time for a hot bath! LoL. I'll be back tomorrow!

Thank you SO MUCH for the updates - the pics are just a bonus. So you 'talked things over' with Annie? Good thing she was agreeable.

I just feel when the right home comes along they will do just fine. They are still youngish and have many years ahead of them.

Bless you all for transporting and helping them!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are all joining in with blessings and warm loving wishes for all concerned!

from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I completely forgot to come update after vaccines yesterday! The vet that comes with the low cost vaccine clinic to my store is a sweetheart. My employees had wheeled the condo into the back before the clinic arrived since we tend to get a lot of bouncy, noisy puppies and very upset kitties coming in for their shots. When I got there, the vet asked "Oh, those two in the back?" and was VERY concerned that they were going to try to escape and get loose in the store. I explained to her that two calmer cats would be nearly impossible to come by, we closed up all the doors, and they were vaccinated and back in their beds very quickly.

It was chaotic enough in the store that I thought cuddle time would be more stressful than happy for them, so I heated up some wet food and threw in a handful of greenies and chatted with them for a few minutes before I left.

Since their vaccine records weren't found I opted to act as though they were due and we did a rabies and FVRCP for each of them. (Don't worry, they ONLY offer the safer PureVax rabies, none of those dangerous three year rabies vaccines - ick!) The vaccine clinic recommends I boost the FVRCP in a month, but I'm going to ask their regular vet about that too, because I'm skeptical that they need another one at their age. No FeLV of course, because I have no intention of adopting them to someone who will let them outside.

The low-cost clinic is such a bunch of sweethearts that they gave me a discount off of their already pretty darn low prices and it was $84 for both girls. They still have $1138.22. ^_^ If they are still happy and eating well, I'll be scheduling dentals verrry soon!

Aww, all good news! Thanks for keeping us updated.
    I've Been Frosted