Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emma and Annie have arrived!

Yay! Glad all went so well and that they even got a discount! Everyone must know how special they are!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Excellent news and progress, Cathy! I'm so proud of the girls for realizing you are 'good people' and trusting you enough to see it for themselves. You go girls!! (Cathy included!)

That pic of Emma getting BELLY RUBS is amazing! A feral girl getting tummy rubs?!? So great! Gini must be near and so HAPPY!

Thank you to everyone for your donations, comments and support. I'm sure they help Cathy a lot. You're doing an amazing thing, Cathy!

I've been copying Cathy's updates and sending them to Mike and his daughters (Gini's beloved nieces) as are really interested. They are very happy the girls are doing so well. I've edited the parts about where they are as his conditions where 'forever home' or nothing. This is why I'm not referring him to this thread. I did originally (the the first thread).

The following day after transport I returned to Gini's home to pick up Gini's 'cat art'. Mike gave it to us to hopefully benefit the girls. There is a lot of it - and I'll take pics and post them all. His idea was to 'sell' it for a donation - which would go to Annie and Emma's care. Not sure what everyone thinks about that - if PTers aren't interested (It would have to also include shopping fees as I am unemployed and cannot afford to pay for it on my own.) I don't know where else to use it for donations. Anyone's thoughts are welcomed.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'd love to see Gini's art, and buy a piece for myself I think that's a great idea!

Not much to update today....I put Advantage on both of them since I spied one flea on Annie, and where there's one there are probably more. They probably picked them up from someone bringing them in on their shoes or something. >.< Emma was so offended by the Advantage that I couldn't even coax her into looking at me afterward, so I'll have ot make extra time for them both tomorrow evening!!

Sending hugs and lovies to Annie and Emma! Hello, sweet orangie ladies! Annie, are you still trying to figure a way out of the play pen? Emma, are you still offended about the Advantage? I am sending you gentle petting for whenever you think you're ready.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good news and worrisome news tonight

First! After closing tonight I pulled Emma into my lap and got her REALLY into some cuddling. There is a total lovebug hiding inside that nervous little lady! I am so thrilled at how much she's opening up, though she's only open to lap time once we're closed and nobody else is walking around. I thought she might need some extra love because last night their water bowl got knocked down and there was broken pottery in the condo! Not to worry though, I cleaned it all, checked both girls over thoroughly, and bought a stainless steel replacement which I placed in a more secure location.

Anyways, Emma was being cuddly and wonderful and adorable, and Annie was pacing back and forth anxiously, rubbing on my hands, waiting impatiently for her turn! Finally, she got sick of waiting, climbed ON TOP of Emma, and plonked herself down! She spent the next ten minutes licking my hands, Emma's side, and her paws, until my legs went numb and I had to get up!

The worrisome news is that while we were cuddling, I felt a mass on Emma's right shoulder. Since I had the phone on me for picture taking purposes, I called the vet about 30 seconds later and scheduled an appointment for Monday to have the mass biopsied. If it's something alarming, it can be removed when the girls go to have their teeth cleaned on the 28th. It feels like a lipoma, please send good vibes for it to be a nice benign lipoma!!

Here's the "catpile" on my lap! Annie's head is blurry because she was grooming Emma at the time!
    Edited because I just realized that in this picture you can see the mass on Emma's shoulder. It looks bigger than it is because her fur is sticking out (once I found it I couldn't stop myself from prodding at it hoping that I was imagining things) but it's about the diameter of a fifty cent piece and a little thicker than one.

I bought them a new bowl, new litter scoop, and a bag of litter today for $17.89 (gotta love that employee discount!) so we've still got $1120.33.

Good vibes on the way to Emma. Hope the mass is nothing serious.

Wow! Gini would be thrilled to see the orangie pile on your lap! That is fantastic!!!

As for the mass on Emma's shoulder, it is likely nothing - prayers that it turns out to be a nothing!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Wow! Gini would be thrilled to see the orangie pile on your lap! That is fantastic!!!
    I'm certain she can see this...and is thrilled! My heart is so happy reading and seeing this!

I'll be praying Emma's mass is OK...maybe like the 'wisdom' spots/growths humans get. Thanks for the update!

I am hoping it is nothing serious, and got a grin from the "mid-grooming" picture, and of course she just plunked herself right on top of her sister - your lap is only so big! Such fun that you are making sun good profess with them both!
    I've Been Frosted

POTENTIAL ADOPTER ALERT!

I haven't heard from the customer who was my contact for the lady and her daughter - which worries me a little, as she is usually a once-a-week customer and I haven't seen her in almost three weeks. HOWEVER, as I was leaving today one of my favorite regulars came in and expressed interest in getting to know A&E better.

I had a headache or I would have stayed to chat with her longer, but we agreed that I'd call her as soon as I had Emma's lab results back. I'm going to invite her to come by after closing some evening and get to see the girls really shine.

She is a sweet lady who lives near my store and has an assortment of pampered bunny rabbits. She also has one elderly cat who has lived with other cats before, since A&E have also I'm hopeful that they could be housemates with a careful introductory period. She is also the kind of person who never hesitates to get her pets the care they need, even if it means stretching her finances. I'm tentatively hopeful and excited for this match! Please send prayers and good vibes for everything to go smoothly...biopsy, dental work, and placement!

Prayers and good wishes that all goes well, with the best possible outcomes!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aww, that would be fun! Prayers said!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Cathy, that sounds promising, she sounds like the right kind of lady. I so hope A&E's biopsy results come back fine, and their dental work goes smoothly.

Give them some kisses from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Fingers crossed and prayers said that all tests and their dentals go really well.

Yay!!! This is excellent news! I hope she gets to know our Annie and Emma, like you do, Cathy. It's a great idea for her to come by when it's quiet and they know it's 'love on the kitties' time.

Well I feel sheepish...the lump I felt is inflammation form the FVRCP vaccine. It's already noticeably smaller than it was. Ah well, better safe than sorry.

I'm headed back to work to call their potential adopter and update her in abut five minutes, but I wanted to post the good news first! I got a good pic of Emma in the exam room which I will post later.

The vet only charged me for a re-check exam so it was $26.50. I also got them a slightly smaller litter box for the condo (Emma knocked theirs over and scared herself) and a blanket to go on top of their cardboard box, since that seems to be their new favorite spot. So that was $12.68 and they're well stocked up at $1081.15.