Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT prayers needed for me too.

I do like the idea of a call chain, just checking in on anyone who lives alone! Glad you're planning on calling tomorrow, Slick!
    I've Been Frosted

Blessings that your situation improves. Lots of great advice already provided. Wondering if your pharmacy will deliver your meds. Mine would and I believe they would also add some staples, like milk, etc. they even carry cat food, to the order. Just a thought.

BIG prayers for MoFF
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers on the way to everybody suffering under snow storms.

I did find a taxi service by you, Connie, it's less than 1/2 a mile from your house! http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...6-587-7814/map Many taxi services will pick up and deliver items if you call ahead to the store. Is there a local pharmacy (not WalMart) you can call, ask them to put aside some cough and cold medicine, Kleenex? I did find this local pharmacy; it's about 3 miles from your house: http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/ph...age=directions Try calling them and ask if they deliver, if not, maybe they can put some cough medicine aside for you for a taxi to pick up and deliver; tell them you're alone with no means of transportation, that you're disabled. Most smaller places are more than willing to help out in these situations. Just a couple of options. And definitely call the dr. tomorrow, OK? As long as you don't lose power you and the kids should be OK. But if you do lose power, you need to call the town to ask about any storm emergencies services they're providing, some place you can go until the power is restored; the police should be able to pick you up, or some elder service org., volunteers etc. In fact, you should call them ask today, before anything bad happens so you have a backup plan. It's a serious storm! I know you don't want to leave the kitties alone, but as long as you leave food and water out for them, they should be OK inside the house. Kitties are tough, way tougher than we are! And as catty1 has said, as I told you yesterday, you do need to call your brother just to let him know of your situation, so he can check on you! I'll call you tomorrow, OK? And make sure your cell phone is charged, and heat up some food, eat something warm this morning, just in case. Big hugs, and prayers on the way for you and the kitties, including the outdoor kids! XO

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Also, please keep an "emergency" kit close by: a charged cell phone as mentioned, a battery operated radio (helps just to hear updates), a flashlight with extra batteries, all near a list of local emergency numbers - town hall/electric services etc. Hope this is never needed but best to be prepared in advance. Take care.

Sending you prayers and many good thoughts. Darn, this winters a hard one.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Blog Entries
    Positive Thoughts & Prayers sent your way. I hope the electric stays on for you. Turn the radio on to some nice soft music to lift your spirits & sooth your nerves.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Thanks everyone. It helps knowing you are out there. Still snowing here but tapering off I think. (well hope) So far we have at least 4 inches. Hard to tell because it's blowing. It's 13 degrees. According to the weather channel's web site, if we make it through Tuesday, things will get better.

Sandra, I checked and that cab co no longer is in operation. The phone number is not even listed. I think it ran for only a short time in the spring.

We have an convience store about a block away from me, but I can't even walk that far with all the snow. I can't risk a fall because I can't get back up. Yep, I'd be the 'help I've fallen and can't get up' person. I have looked into getting one of those call for help buttons. Way to expensive for me. I carry my cell with me when I'm outside.

Speaking of outside, it looks like another planet out there. Not a thing is moving. The city has not even tried to plow the streets yet. Even the outdoor kitties must be hunkered down, they have not shown up and there are no kitty prints in the snow on the porch. I'm gonna go back to bed myself I think.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Connie, I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hope the storm won't be too bad. I like the advice Sandra and Litterati gave. Please call some of these people to let them know your situation. Do you have any kind of fireplace if the power goes?

Stay warm and safe - hope you'll feel better soon! (((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, hugs to you, moff. Have you tried Meals on Wheels? It has to be approved through your doctor.

Good luck with the weather-storm and hopefully someone can come through for you.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Just a wild thought. Have you called any of the pet rescues or other pet organization for help in getting food and medicine for you and them?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

We have an convience store about a block away from me, but I can't even walk that far with all the snow. I can't risk a fall because I can't get back up. Yep, I'd be the 'help I've fallen and can't get up' person. I have looked into getting one of those call for help buttons. Way to expensive for me. I carry my cell with me when I'm outside.

Speaking of outside, it looks like another planet out there. Not a thing is moving. The city has not even tried to plow the streets yet. Even the outdoor kitties must be hunkered down, they have not shown up and there are no kitty prints in the snow on the porch. I'm gonna go back to bed myself I think.

It's good to read all the updates, prayers & suggestions. It is snowing big fat flakes here. Has been for awhile. Funny tho, it must have warmed up last night
    because all the snow on my front porch had melted off. I think you are wise not to tempt fate with a walk outside for any distance. Rest well, it will help you get
    over the cold. Still praying for the storm to make a quick pass & then move on out to sea.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The sun actually is out!!! Looks great. Was slightly tempted to go sweep the porch off until I realized the temp is 13 with a wind chill of -7. I just hate feeling trapped inside. But starting Tuesday, the highs will be near 40 for a few days.

Just need to make it through the night with power still on. No heat if it goes off. I would have hot water and my cook stove would still work though.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I am so sorry to hear this. We also have been snowed on and freezing for the past few days. Are there no neighbors that can be of help to you, it's a shame you have no family nearby.

I am sending prayers your way and hope you're feeling better soon. Hope the power stays on to keep you and kitties warm. Stay safe.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."