Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT prayers needed for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    The sun actually is out!!! Looks great. Was slightly tempted to go sweep the porch off until I realized the temp is 13 with a wind chill of -7. I just hate feeling trapped inside. But starting Tuesday, the highs will be near 40 for a few days.

Just need to make it through the night with power still on. No heat if it goes off. I would have hot water and my cook stove would still work though.
    And you have little fur-covered lap heaters if they will cooperate!
    I've Been Frosted

How are you doing today. I saw pictures of the amount of snow you have, on the news. I really hope you have power still, and the outside kitties are safe and found shelter.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So far so good. It's -8 with a wind chill of -22 but the sun is out. That at least makes it look warmer. Going to warm up to 11 so they say. Not seen the outdoor kitties yet today but there are kitty paw prints in the snow so hopefully they are holed up near by.

Thanks everyone, for all the prayers and well wishes. Now if the temps would just warm up and melt this snow!!! ps I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Wow, I just got back my Internet, TV cable & phone. They are all from the same network provider. The electric and heat stayed on the whole time.
    I consider myself very lucky for that. It's now -12F with wind chill of -37 outside. I feel so sorry for the pups. They go outside when they need to but
    don't go more that 10ft from the door, then hurry back in.

I put out food for the outside kitties last night & today. It's disappearing so somebody is eating it. Stay safe everyone.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome back! I am sure whoever is eating that food appreciates it!
    I've Been Frosted

So far so good. It's -8 with a wind chill of -22 but the sun is out. That at least makes it look warmer. Going to warm up to 11 so they say. Not seen the outdoor kitties yet today but there are kitty paw prints in the snow so hopefully they are holed up near by.

Thanks everyone, for all the prayers and well wishes. Now if the temps would just warm up and melt this snow!!! ps I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    More prayers and (((HUGS))) for MoFF and your inside and outside kitties
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm just now seeing this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

I hope everyone made it through last night ok. Areas not far from me had power outages.

Going up to a warm 4*F today and a better than last night 2*F tonight!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh Liz, you're also in the middle of it, aren't you! Glad t hear that you've had heating the whole time and your TV cable and phone are back on.

I wish more would build little houses with blankets in for the outside kitties, Good to hear yours are fed.

Keep warm everyone!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

We've warmed up to 20 here and are supposed to get to 37 this afternoon. I sure hope so and that it starts melting this snow. I was hoping to get out tomorrow but that looks doubtful now. The city keeps plowing my sidewalk under. So insead of the 4 to 5 inches of soft snow, I have at least a foot and half of hard packed snow at the end. Just don't feel up to even trying to get through that. Not only is my cold, which I thought was better worse, but so is my arthritis.

I may call tomorrow and see if the bus could pick me up behind my house in the alley. I would have to wade through the snow in my yard but would at least be able to get out. Hopefully the drivers would call someone to come pick me up should I fall. I could at least get some med for my cold and some more soup and kleenex and my other med I need filled.

We are to have snow again Wed night. Only an inch they say. After that, the temps should really start warming up. In the 50s over the weekend. So, all in all, I should be able to get out for sure next Monday.

lesson learned: start stocking up supplies for me and my cats for next winter in July!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

We've warmed up to 20 here and are supposed to get to 37 this afternoon. I sure hope so and that it starts melting this snow. I was hoping to get out tomorrow but that looks doubtful now. The city keeps plowing my sidewalk under. So insead of the 4 to 5 inches of soft snow, I have at least a foot and half of hard packed snow at the end.
    Could you call anyone from the city, and ask for assistance to at least clear that end stuff? Maybe they have volunteers ... or the high school does ...
    I've Been Frosted

An angel with a beard

named John, just shoveld my walk for me!!!!!!!!!!

There have been people working on the old run down house next to me off and on for months. I heard someone out shoveling so trotted myself out on my porch and asked if he would shovel my front walk for me. He told me he would be glad too!!!!!!!! Now I can get out tomorrow!!!!!

His aunt is buying that house and they are working on it to fix it up. I asked if he would be interested to shoveling for me the rest of the winter. Of course, I do pay them for doing it. He said he would because he was looking for work and it would help out!!!!!

I'm sure prayers have been answered. Thank you all!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Yay! What good news, for you, and for him!
    I've Been Frosted

That's great news!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wonderful! Two angels meet!

It's early yet, but I hope his aunt becomes a good neighbour. I wonder if she likes cats?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda