Thread: Goodbye Condie

Goodbye Condie

I didn't get to say goodbye. Nobody did. I just hope it was fast, and you didn't lay there for hours after you got hit, all alone and dying.

Condie belonged to my boss. She was a Shetland Sheepdog/Lab mix. She was so smart, but also very independent. She lived in the office with a black lab named Minnie, but when left out to potty she would sometimes wander across the road, where we would see her and go call her back. When she was younger she chased cars, and got hit 2 or 3 times, but she always survived it. She also survived two surgeries to fix the tendons in the back of her hind legs, and pancreatitis. She was either 6 or 7, I don't remember, but she acted young. She hated strangers, but once she got to know me, she loved me. My boss was really busy, so occasionally I volunteered to take Condie and Minnie home for baths. And when my boss had to go away, she had me come let them out for potty breaks. I don't work there anymore, but I stop in often just to say hi, and Condie was always so glad to see me.

I found out this morning that Condie wandered a little further from the office than usual Monday night, and never came home. They found her by the side of the highway.

So here's my goodbye, sweetheart! I love you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5128.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	57773

Name:	IMG_5129.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	57774

Name:	DSCF2958.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	57775
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Condie. It's even harder with the way it happened.

RIP Condie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Name:	poster_from_postermywall.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	381.6 KB 
ID:	57780
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to read about the way Condie passed. If is like being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rest in Peace Condie.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom