Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Snow!!!!

The cats and I will be on the next flight out (assuming any are getting out, since a lot aren't)!

You can come to Ann Arbor, where the temp is currently 0 to -4 F (wind chill down to around 41 below).
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yay! New sudden snow!

So the forecasters were only off by 12 hours - they said we were supposed to get maybe some snow flurries or a dusting overnight, but about 20 minutes ago, all of sudden the snow came pouring down, huge flakes looking lovely agains the green and brown grass and mud where everything had melted!

Already a coating is down, and it's still coming - makes everything look much prettier!
    I've Been Frosted

It's still snowing!

A rush of snow falls
    Making lace of bare branches
    And lightening hearts

I've Been Frosted

It's been snowing here for the last 2 days and still is. We have so much snow I think it won't melt till June. It's above the knee plus some and we're getting snow most of next week. It's been so mild lately, we even had -1C yesterday The deep freeze is returning tomorrow with a low of -27C, then it will get colder as the week wears on. Fun winter--NOT.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Asiel and Karen,
    Snow? I am insanely jealous - love the stuff! If you don't want it would you send some to Trenton?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Asiel and Karen,
    Snow? I am insanely jealous - love the stuff! If you don't want it would you send some to Trenton?
    I love it, every bit of it, but I bet Asiel would gladly send you some of hers!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Asiel and Karen,
    Just send me your address and I'll have huge refrigerated transports hauling all our snow to your door
    I just don't understand anyone wanting this stuff. A few inches isn't bad but we're getting buried alive. We've had to snowblow a path for the dogs to go potty 3X today.
    Right now we never know if we're hearing snowblowers of ski-doos. And the driving is horrid, they haven't cleared any roads yet, waiting for the snow to stop but it sure makes it slick if you happen to let your foot get too heavy on the gas pedal. Even our highways were bad, not much use clearing them since they were filling up right away.

Okay-- snow on the way to your doorstep
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I heard on the news today that an average winter in Chicago is 38 inches of snow. We have had 40 inches so far and it's only mid-January! I'm just tired of the cycles - snow, cold, few days of milder weather. Snow, cold. Repeat.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This morning's weather report says temperatures will take a nosedive tomorrow with this next polar vortex coming and along with that we'll be getting some snow. They're not saying how much though. The snow shovel and salt are ready to go.

Trenton is going to get walloped!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am trying not to get my hopes up, which I am sure is the opposite of most folks!
    I've Been Frosted

Today NJ is getting hammered pretty bad. We may get up to a foot of snow, hopefully they are wrong. There was a couple of inches on the ground by around 9:30 this morning and of course it's still coming down two hours later. This could go all day long.

I called my library when it opened at 9:30 to make sure they would be open and they were so I ran out cuz I was out of books and I can't be without a book to read I now am a happy camper with 3 books and will read happily thru this snowstorm.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Trenton is going to get walloped!
    It started snowing around mid-morning here in Trenton and it's still coming down fast & furious. Amigo is curled up on my lap purring contentedly, there's a fresh pot of coffee, a quiet do nothing kind of day. The latest weather reports are now saying we could get 14" before the snow ends tomorrow morning but the amount of snow expected has been increasing throughout the day. I am loving this and can't wait to get outside!

The snow has not yet started, but the juncos have been busy eating up any seed left before the storm comes!
    I've Been Frosted

The snow has commenced
    Traffic, therefore is stopped, red
    Taillights everywhere

I am thankful and
    Take the long way around the
    Snow hushed reservoir

Inside the warm car
    I watch as sky and ice blend
    Into pale silence
    I've Been Frosted