Big story here is the COLD! We have about 7 inches of snow, it has stopped coming down. Temp is 7, wind chill is minus 11!! Frostbite in 5 minutes for exposed skin. So all skin must be covered as we clear snow. Cold continues through Saturday and then Sunday? Going to hit 45!!!

I had to fill my bird feeders 3 times daily for the past few days. This morning, the birds aren't even trying to use it, they are remaining down on the ground -- the feeders are swinging so plenty of seed is dropping. Still, the little chickadees, juncos and sparrows take a roll now and then in a big wind gust. I'll be sure to keep the seed available out there for them. Chickadees will each more than 4 times their body weight in 24 hours in this cold. Also have one cardinal pair out there.

The dogs peered out the door, I had to push them out. They took no more than 4 steps, peed, turned and RAN back in. Now they are all asleep. Gonna be that sort of day. Making a beef stew. And, just for you Karen: I am making my first beef stew of 2014!!!!