Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Snow!!!!

So I move from the 'how cold is it' thread to the 'snow' thread. Warming up to a blissful 20*F so now bring on the snow! Up to 6" before it's over. So far it's dry snow and I have snow broomed my drive clear first thing when I took the pups out. Jake enjoyed playing ball first thing in the snow. Better than yesterday morning when I had to grab him and carry him in the house due to his back feet freezing up.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Here in Cabot, Pa there is about 4" of this white stuff on the ground and it's still snowing.

Snow again - it actually was above freezing today, in the afternoon, but after the sun set the temperature dropped, and we now have "tracking snow" - what forecasters call "a dusting."
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Better than yesterday morning when I had to grab him and carry him in the house due to his back feet freezing up.

That is happening to Smokey quite a lot lately. It bothers him a lot more than Maggie. She doesn't seem to mind the cold/snow on her feet. I have to wait
    at the door & be ready to let Smokey back in before his feet freeze up. I guess it's the wind chill factor that makes this season feel colder.

I'd get Smokey some booties if I though he'd wear them. Have you ever seen a dog try boots for the first time?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    That is happening to Smokey quite a lot lately. It bothers him a lot more than Maggie. She doesn't seem to mind the cold/snow on her feet. I have to wait
    at the door & be ready to let Smokey back in before his feet freeze up. I guess it's the wind chill factor that makes this season feel colder.

I'd get Smokey some booties if I though he'd wear them. Have you ever seen a dog try boots for the first time?
    My RB Lacey was really bad for freezing feet! At least I can carry Jake if I have to! He weighs 38#. I believe it was -4* that morning.

As for snow, we have at least six inches on the ground. Seems to have stopped for now.
    Forever in my heart...

Winter storm Maximus is supposed to bring us up to 6 inches of snow by Sunday night. I am tired of winter!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Maximus left us with 4 inches of fresh snow today. It is not supposed to snow tomorrow or Monday, but Tuesday night into Wednesday we could get anywhere between 4 and 8 inches more.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We still have snowbanks in some places, and about half the ground is bare in the back yard, but after tomorrow's warm temps we are predicted to maybe get some more snow!
    I've Been Frosted

It;'s snowing! Quite unexpectedly! I am happy!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It;'s snowing! Quite unexpectedly! I am happy!
    It has been snowing here all morning and coming down like it means business. Here in Trenton we could get up to 12" before the snow moves out later this afternoon. This is the first of 3 storms heading our way. Tomorrow we'll be getting freezing rain into Wednesday morning with the third storm expected to hit over the weekend.

I'm happy about the snow too, Karen. I don't ever remember a winter like this.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Karen, you can turn down the volume on the snow requests......12-14" due in tonight.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

But do I have to? You know part of me is steeling myself for disappointment, in case we only get 4 inches, like the last time they predicted this much for me!
    I've Been Frosted

We're expecting a lot of snow in NE Ohio overnight and into tomorrow.
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    We're expecting a lot of snow in NE Ohio overnight and into tomorrow.

Yep, we got it too. Indy had about 7-8 inches of new snow. With the blowing & drifting, we have some pretty nice drifts
    in the back yard. Smokey is ok to go out to do his business, but Maggie has to sit in the snow. Poor baby.

I should have know it was coming because I just got the back sidewalk cleared down to the concrete the day before yesterday.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Still snowing here, with more to come, not much wind with this one, so I should be able to get a good measurement of how much we got this time when it is over!
    I've Been Frosted