Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Snow!!!!

Another 5+ inches of snow today. OK. I give up already. Only saving grace is seeing Smokey playing outside like a puppy again.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Snow predicted for days. No mention of how much but a little every day will add up.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Snow predicted for days. No mention of how much but a little every day will add up.
    Oh boy, I've been there this winter. Chicago managed to miss a storm for once. Only two inches of snow forecast for us tomorrow. Then up in the 30s Monday and Tuesday with melting, rain and/or freezing rain. (((HUGS))) Layla, Jake and kitties!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Today was a melting day, which just meant water dripping from the roofs onto the sidewalk I cleared multiple times, which is now black ice. The next storm is due tomorrow evening into Sunday, and the forecasters are wildly different depending on which station you listen to - but Sandra on the Cape is likely gong to get a foot of snow, and we'll get somewhere between an inch to a foot!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh boy, I've been there this winter. Chicago managed to miss a storm for once. Only two inches of snow forecast for us tomorrow. Then up in the 30s Monday and Tuesday with melting, rain and/or freezing rain. (((HUGS))) Layla, Jake and kitties!
    Elyse, at least the dogs love playing in the snow and so do I.

It's here!!!
    Forever in my heart...

Snowing heavily here again! It was fairly light all afternoon, now getting more serious about it. We'll see if they end up canceling church tomorrow or not!
    I've Been Frosted

Potential for 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow, could make both the morning and evening rush periods messy. Temps in the 30s Tuesday and Wednesday, though.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Potential for 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow, could make both the morning and evening rush periods messy. Temps in the 30s Tuesday and Wednesday, though.
    Just seeing chance of 2-4" tonight! We need more, right?
    Forever in my heart...

We added 5 inches of fresh snow today. The official Chicago total is now 67 inches, making it the fifth snowiest winter since they started keeping records. Old Man Winter, I've had quite enough from you.

Okay, to quote my father, the weather forecasters need to take off their skirts and have a reality check.

I've heard for a few days that there was another "major" storm inbound....

Guys, 4" of snow in upstate NY is a dusting. The national news has been treating a storm that dumped 3-6" in Minneapolis as a major event. Stop the hype, it's winter, deal with it. We get lake effects flurries that dump more snow on the ground.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

We have had snow 8 out of the 16 days since the Super Bowl, and about 2 feet in the last week. The biggest problem is the ice; on 2/3 we had 8 inches of snow then ice on top; then on 2/13 we had about 11 inches of snow, then sleet and rain, then another 8 inches. Because you can't find salt for love or money I've been manually chipping ice off 300 feet of sidewalks grr. It can't warm up soon enough.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Just got in from shoveling round 2 - Paul did spoke for round one. But the snow consistency has changed back to powder from snowman snow, and the snowball I was building on the hood of the car from roof and window snow, intending to make something out of it, slid off and became just more to shovel, and now it is, as I said, changed back to powder, so not stick enough for building purposes!

It is still snowing, of course! Sat warm and safe everyone!
    I've Been Frosted

If I have to clear the driveway one more time! At least I got some help today from a kind neighbor!

The other half of the driveway.
    Forever in my heart...

It's in the 50's today and Tuesday but here we go again...

Wed Mar 12

Rain / Snow / Wind

34° high 3° low

Chance of precip:100% Snowfall4-6 in

Wind:N at 30 mph
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Wed Mar 12

Rain / Snow / Wind

34° high 3° low

Chance of precip:100% Snowfall4-6 in

Wind:N at 30 mph
    Yeah - you are supposed to get snow, they are waffling whether we will get snow or rain, or both or nothing! It depends on what source you check what the outcome is predicted to be - isn't New England weather fun?
    I've Been Frosted