Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays #566 ... New beginnings

Thursdays #566 ... New beginnings

Thursday, January 2 ... January is named for Janus, the Roman god of beginnings and transitions. So, here's a toast (I'm drinking tea) to a new year, with endless gratitude for all of the Pet Talk people, cats, dogs and pets! Cheers!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

"A toast! Raise your marshmallow stick!" to quote Dr. Seuss!

I am finishing a cup of cinnamon theoretically mocha coffee - which is not very mocha at all, so I adulterated it with cinnamon, sugar and dry milk powder until it was yummy ... definitely hot cocoa weather outside at the moment, see Snow!!!!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow,

Having the hiolidays fall during the week really throw me off.

In my reptile brain, I see football and think it's SUNDAY!

---------

Orc, stoke up the fire, I think there are going to be some cold thirsty people showing up.

Hot drinks for everyone and Happy New Year!

Man, am I glad to see the back side of 2013. No matter what 2014 brings me, I will choose to have a positive attitude.

Barkeep, could I please have a double Bloody Mary with a couple of garlic stuffed olives?

Happy New Year everyone!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

New beginnings and new recipes.

Well, does anyone in here want to help eat a mistake?

I wanted some beef and barley soup. It's -9 outside, I figured it would be a good soup night.While I slept, LOH and the monsters made the soup.

Or attempted to, anyway.

The package of barley had a recipe on it, looked pretty good, so they edited for what we had in the house and made dinner. Only one mistake. LOH figured that doubling the recipe would take the whole package of barley. Doubling it really only needed less than half the package.

So, what we have isn't soup, isn't stew, but it's pretty good. If anyone wants a plate/bowl whatever of the stuff, feel free!It was a handy mistake, but next time we're putting biscuits on top and finishing it in the oven.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

And time to break in teh new deep fryer as well.

Hot, fresh donuts anyone?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

LH - I understand. I thought I would add brown rice to my large batch of turkey soup.

Turns out it needed 1/2 c, not 1.5 cups....

So when I re-simmered it, the bottom got scorched instead...even the good stuff on top had that nice woodsmoke ambiance.

Oh well - ketchup fixes everything, right?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Morning all. Have the tea on if anyone's interested. Cold and snowing here. Getting tired of slogging thru snow that's already up to my knees, and they say our snowiest months are still to come!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Hee hee - all sounds yummy, this nippy day I'll take some of those real doughnuts with good strong tea, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Oatmeal cookies anyone? Some cooling, some still in the oven, and more to go. They are oatmeal with a bit of cinnamon, otherwise plain! There are also chocolate chocolate chip shortbread cooling - in star shapes - Epiphany is tomorrow at church. Anyone want some?
    I've Been Frosted

No cookies for me but I'll surely take a double BM??? Richard???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    No cookies for me but I'll surely take a double BM??? Richard???
    A double BM? Garlic olives. DONE!

Let me heat up water.......Are we having a baby? I'll take a little of everything, please!

I am making jalapeno corn bread......

Done?

Jalapeno corn bread! I'll take some!

(The "soup"? recipe has been dubbed beef oops by the committee) The mistake is a keeper.

Sounds like the beef "oops" is more of a porridge!

At the Green Bay Packers game yesterday, they were giving out free hot drinks to the fans. Any additives were up to them.

Pouring rain and 55 F right here now; in 24 hours it's going to drop below 0 so I'll have a pre-emptive hot chocolate, please.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I overslept last night and woke up with a headache and a nosebleed. >.< I'd really like some hot peppermint tea with honey, please.