Thread: Kitten is not letting me Sleep!!

Kitten is not letting me Sleep!!

My 8 month old Kitten is keeping the house up at night..He just roams around and gets into things..Yes I know he is a kitten.He is aggressive and not really wants to Learn..Jeremiah is not my first cat..I had hoped he would calm down after being fixed but this is not happening!!

Extensive playtime before you go to bed! Fetch, fishing pole type toys, walks, even my old stand-by - ping-pong balls in an empty bathtub (which can be hysterical to watch for you as well) ... a tired kitten is a sleepy kitten!
    I've Been Frosted

If you have a spare bedroom, confine him to that overnight. He will need litter box, water bowl, scratching and climbing to be content.

When my kitty was little, she'd often nap after eating. Even now as a senior kitty she naps with a full tummy. I really like the play suggestion too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries

Hi

I just need to share something , I can't stop crying but it is good! The cat that came with our home was so violent towards Mia we had to find her another home today. She was COTD , can't remember when right now. We had to keep them separated for at least 5 yrs. Hard trick. Spicy came with our home and would not stop assaulting Mia. Had no problem in the summer, Spice would stay out. Winter come in. her own room. Long story short, she hated being alone in her own room. It was abusive and cruel and she hated it and bellered. so we took her to the vet and they checked her out, we payed for it and a no kill shelter, where Spice will either be adopted or live out her lovely life with other cats. We know the woman who runs it and that is where we got Mia so she is in very good hands. Fact is she only seems to hate Mia , her competition. All done, I know her life will be SO much better. So 8 hours later I can't stop crying. I miss her SO much. I thought I was being so adult about it . I simply miss her but know we did the best thing for her and her well being. We did what was right for her, but I on the other hand, well it's gonna take some time. She's in good hands but there is a huge hole in my heart. Spicy was the best of the best

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I just need to share something , I can't stop crying but it is good! The cat that came with our home was so violent towards Mia we had to find her another home today. She was COTD , can't remember when right now. We had to keep them separated for at least 5 yrs. Hard trick. Spicy came with our home and would not stop assaulting Mia. Had no problem in the summer, Spice would stay out. Winter come in. her own room. Long story short, she hated being alone in her own room. It was abusive and cruel and she hated it and bellered. so we took her to the vet and they checked her out, we payed for it and a no kill shelter, where Spice will either be adopted or live out her lovely life with other cats. We know the woman who runs it and that is where we got Mia so she is in very good hands. Fact is she only seems to hate Mia , her competition. All done, I know her life will be SO much better. So 8 hours later I can't stop crying. I miss her SO much. I thought I was being so adult about it . I simply miss her but know we did the best thing for her and her well being. We did what was right for her, but I on the other hand, well it's gonna take some time. She's in good hands but there is a huge hole in my heart. Spicy was the best of the best
    I was confusing this reply with the author. I take it Mia came with you to your new home? So sorry you had to rehome Spice. It's not easy, but sometimes for the best.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    Hey, no Spicy was a homeless feral cat. She was here when we moved in. we tried to half ass domesticate her and I believe we half assed did. Hard core case. Best cat in the world but scary and very violent towards Mia, our one paw short cat.

Blog Entries
    oh ya, We got Mia after Fred, our other cat died and well... always looked after Spicy, she was feral,hungry, nuts and perfect. Good grief. I think the whole family will be alright, just miss our Spicemiester.

Mika, the youngest, sleeps on my bed every night ever since we got him and he indeed, kept me awake too! But young cats need a lot of play time, so I'd say: make your kitten tired before bed! I found that when I play with him until he himself signals he's tired, he won't keep the entire house awake at night.

A lot of good advice here. Jackson Galaxy (Cat from Hell) advises to tire the cat by play when it's bed time. A laser light is great for this.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Worked for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Extensive playtime before you go to bed! Fetch, fishing pole type toys, walks, even my old stand-by - ping-pong balls in an empty bathtub (which can be hysterical to watch for you as well) ... a tired kitten is a sleepy kitten!
    We "adopted" (quotes because she was actually a surprise Christmas present from our daughters) our first Ocicat, Saphira, when she was retired by a breeder at a little over two. As we soon learned, Ocis are very active and playful, and bonding strongly with their humans, she was sleeping with us within a few days. Unfortunately, she would often wake up around three or four AM to do some exploring and play with whatever toys we left around. During the day she loved to play fetch, like most Ocis, so we started to play with her a bit before bedtime, mainly kitty teasers, and that seemed to have worked. No more late night play times, and she began sleeping on our schedule. After we adopted a second Oci girl Viola, they did enough playing together that they both sleep through the night with us. One of the things that Viola really enjoys is the ping pong balls in the tub. We have to remember to put them back in whenever we use it for its original purpose.

They are the best behaved kitties ever to own us, and are just absolute joys!