Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutmeg

Nutmeg

For those of you not on FB, I just wanted to let you all know that I sent Nutmeg to the RB last week. She was in kidney failure, and we had an ultrasound done because although she was losing weight and her lab work was off the charts, she was quite bright and happy. Turns out her kidney was blocked, and so she underwent emergency surgery to have a stint placed in her ureter. The vet called during her surgery and tragically he was unable to place the stint. The only option at that point was to remove her kidney, but her remaining kidney was not functioning at a capacity where she could continue a good quality of life. So, rather than waking her from a pretty massive surgery, we let her go peacefully in her sleep. She was put under when she was feeling relatively good (considering what was going on), purring, asking for pets, and generally being a love bug. Before she went in for her procedure, I promised her that I wouldn't let her suffer, and if it didn't work out, I'd let her go and see her again. I kept my promise, even though it was completely heartbreaking. It's been a bittersweet holiday. Tilly is grieving the loss of her in the house, as are Richard and I. I miss her terribly. She was a very special girl.

There aren't enough words to convey my sympathies. Hugs to you and Richard on the loss of sweet Nutmeg. Special pets to Tilly as she comes to terms with things. I am just so sorry, Naomi.

Johanna

Dearest pretty Nutmeg, rest in peace! We know you were so much loved, please send you mom some quiet purrs in her dreams to give her some comfort, okay?

Our condolences, sweetie.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry-but absolutely convinced you did the right thing. Nutmeg must have been a senior cat lady now. She will be with Bassett ( and Filou and Tigris) at Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry for your loss of precious Nutmeg.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

{{{{hugs}}}} Devastating, even though you did the right thing. You loved Nutmeg enough to put her wellbeing first.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hugs on your loss of Nutmeg.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I am sorry for your loss of Nutmeg,
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Pretty Little Nutmeg ~ You are missed. Fly free, sweet girl.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Nomilynn, I am so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so very, very sorry, Naomi, to learn of the loss of your beloved, loving Nutmeg. My deepest sympathy to you and Richard and dear Tilly, and all who love her and grieve her so very much. You had a very hard, heartbreaking decision to make, but it was the right one.

She is free of pain now, a glorious Angel, healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge where she will welcome you HOME.. One Fine Day. Love is eternal, and you and she are together always. Listen in your heart for the sound of her purrs.

May your precious memories help to bring you comfort. God bless you for all you gave Nutmeg and all you and she shared over the many years.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I've seen this and prayed since she was going into surgery and since you said she didn't make it through.
    My heart hurts for you. Nutmeg was such a beautiful girl. I am grateful to have "known" her through you! Give Tilly some extra pets and tell her they come all the way from Arizona.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I'm so sorry about precious Nutmeg. You did all you could for her.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Blog Entries
    Godspeed, wonderful Nutmeg

I'm very sorry for your loss of Nutmeg.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla