Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PT Kitties - An Invitation

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    They may have further Catmobile plans for after the Trenton welcome-party for Amigo and Yodee and Landry Elizabeth and Alan M. Hill.. Mine had been saying for quite a while, "We're going to the hockey game! And we'd love for the whole gang to come too!"

On January 1 in the "NHL Winter Classic" match, the Detroit Red Wings will play the Toronto Maple Leafs in Michigan Stadium, AKA "The Big House," ... the University of Michigan's football stadium, right here in Ann Arbor!

I heard that the game has been sold out for a while already (stadium seating capacity: more than 107,000 humans).. but the kitties will have the best seats, in the special Cats Section that was added to Michigan Stadium to accommodate all the felines who show up for kitty bagpipe concerts. (Mine go to all the games, too, of course.)

Anyway, that may be the next destination for the Catmobile, complete with its newest members!
    Hmmm, so that means Yodee won't be home any time soon?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

All but Chester of my gang are gone too. When I asked him about them, he just stretched out in the recliner, grabbed my tv remote control and said, : AHHHHHHH!!!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi PT kitties and purrents,
    I haven't been able to post in due to an emergency that came up last week. Just want to let all of you know that the Trenton meet-and-greet is still on. Amigo's fiddle lessons are going well, right now he's sitting at the door practicing and impatiently waiting for his new friends to arrive. Sorry but Soncat and Amigo aren't sharing much in the way of Catmobile updates. I can tell you that there are things in the fridge that I didn't get - looks like party food. As I recall, the Catmobile id due to arrive sometime tomorrow. When they get here I'll have everyone check in with their purrents.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oh thank goodness. Thanks for the update. I'm always worried when my furry ones are away from home.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Hi fellow purrents,
    The Catmobile arrived safe and sound a short while ago. The introductions went very well and cell phone numbers were shared and updated. All of the travelers told Amigo they had a surprise for him, they all jumped back in the Catmobile heading for dinner at a place called "Cheeseburger Cheesburger" over in Mercerville (a real restaurant out here). As you may have guessed, their specialty is gourmet cheeseburgers. They should be back fairly soon. Before they left, Amigo showed his new friends his Cat Cave and his kitty condo. It's not that cold here so plans are being made for some baseball out in the back yard. Already the ladies are planning to do some shopping at Quakerbridge Mall while the guys play ball. When they get in from their dinner I'll remind them to check in with their purrents. Let us know if you hear from your furbaby?

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    They may have further Catmobile plans for after the Trenton welcome-party for Amigo and Yodee and Landry Elizabeth and Alan M. Hill.. Mine had been saying for quite a while, "We're going to the hockey game! And we'd love for the whole gang to come too!"

On January 1 in the "NHL Winter Classic" match, the Detroit Red Wings will play the Toronto Maple Leafs in Michigan Stadium, AKA "The Big House," ... the University of Michigan's football stadium, right here in Ann Arbor!

I heard that the game has been sold out for a while already (stadium seating capacity: more than 107,000 humans).. but the kitties will have the best seats, in the special Cats Section that was added to Michigan Stadium to accommodate all the felines who show up for kitty bagpipe concerts. (Mine go to all the games, too, of course.)

Anyway, that may be the next destination for the Catmobile, complete with its newest members!
    Yay, yay! I'm sure Cassie would like it very much if the Catmobile could go around the Michigan campus so she can look around a little bit. We have a friend who lives in Howell, Michigan who has told us the Michigan campus is wonderful.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well, my boys finally checked in and gave Amigo, Yodee, Landry Elizabeth, and Alan M. Hill all a big "paws up"! Mac said something about Amigo and Alan M. Hill being "natural" ballplayers and Kimba was very impressed with Amigo's musical ability. They both seem quite taken with Landry Elizabeth and Yodee. Of course, they are two beautiful kitty girls. I've never seen Mac show an interest in that way towards one of the girls. Hmmm...
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

All is going well with the kitties. The ladies decided to take Yodee and Landry Elizabeth to the mall today so they could start teaching them how to shop. The boys are in the kitchen playing kibble soccer and having a blast. For the past week Soncat has been cat sitting for Boo who belongs to our seminary intern. Apparently, Amigo mentioned Boo during dinner so the crew decided that Boo shouldn't stay alone and all by himself. After finishing up at Cheeseburger Cheesburger, they had the Catmobile driver go to pick up Boo so he could join in the kitty party. What a sweet thing for them to do! Everyone is on their ultra best behavior and we love having them here.

I'm so glad that Yodee is being exposed to shopping - not that I'm big into shopping - but I think that she should do something other than sleeping in front of the fireplace at home. Oh yes, and please remind Yodee that she doesn't need to dig a hole to china in order to bury her turds. Maybe the other kitties should show her what they do.

Thanks for keeping me posted. This New Year's is just not the same without a furry one on my lap. Last year I had Merlin.

My New Year's wish for all the furry ones is good health for the year ahead and beyond.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Hi Phesina, Are the kitties still in Ann Arbor? As you may already know, the east coast is going to get pounded by a winter storm. The snow started here a few hours ago and is piling up already with the heaviest to come during the overnight. Our governor has already declared a state of emergency and all state offices will be closed tomorrow (Soncat is doing the happy dance since his office will be closed). Weather reports for Trenton are predicting temps of -8 for the morning and another storm is due for Monday.
    I'm concerned that the Catmobile might get stuck in the middle of nowhere since this storm stretches to the mid west. There's no doubt that the Catmobile driver will keep them safe and warm if they're on the road, can't help but wonder where they are. Has anyone heard from their Catmobiler? Please let us know if you got a call or text?

Hi Momcat, yes, the kitties are still here, and they are fine. They aren't going anywhere while it stays this cold and snowy. They've ordered in a truckload of cat food and catnip. (As I found out when the Credit Union called to verify the new charge on my debit card.)

I'm rather enjoying having all this extra bedding of cats piled up on me in bed!

The kitties had a ball at the Winter Classic hockey game! The Cats Section of course has heated seats with nice cozy cat beds on them, so the kitties stayed nice and warm even though all the 105,000+ human fans were freezing their buns off.

It was a real close game, and the cats had so much fun cheering on their favorite teams. The Canadian kitties are all thrilled that their beloved Maple Leafs won!

Last edited by phesina; 01-03-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It was so stirring at the start to watch both teams being piped in onto the ice by the Kitty Bagpipers.. and then the cats played bagpipe accompaniments to the singing of both the Canadian and the American national anthems!

Last edited by phesina; 01-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

A text from Cassie:

Hi Meowm
    The University of Michigan campus was amazing!
    We had sooo much fun at the Winter Classic -- did you see us on TV?
    Meeting Amigo, Yodee, Alan M., and Landry Elizabeth was such a treat! We did all kinds of fun things!
    Purrz,
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Navigator Pinot has checked in, she's sorry to have been incommunicado, but she and the driver have had their heads together about these storms planning the next step. Rest assured there will be no movement until the kitties will be safe. She said she'd provide further details as soon as possible.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

The kitties are having a celebratory dinner at Haggis in a Hurry tonight, after exploring the U-M campus all day!
    Death thought about it.