Thread: So he isn't mine...but I wanted to share :)

So he isn't mine...but I wanted to share :)

I went to buy a fish at Petco today, he's a VT male Betta. He isn't mine, but my friend was upset that her Betta of 4 years died. We are exchanging gifts this year and I was a bit tight on money, since she has all of the stuff, I asked her first if it was okay if I bought her one of these little dudes. She got REALLY excited and LOVED the idea. She wouldn't have cared if I had made her just a card but I like being a little more personal. He will have a nice filtered, heated tank, so he's going to a good home. But I am surprising her with a pretty color! We're actually leaving soon. Mr. Fish has been here for about 4 hours and I already want to keep him for my own tank. But I have Bo II to take care of, and I am getting Fancy Guppies (I'll update you guys on that when I actually get them) but this was to cute to pass up

I swear when I was younger they never had white-finned or white bettas. I absolutely love the morph, pattern, or whatever it is! It's gorgeous. The elephant eared ones are pricey though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	57561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed-1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	57562

Aww, what a happy boy, and so handsome! Congratulations to your friend!
    I've Been Frosted

He is a real beauty! Your friend will be so pleased,
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

He was quite the looker and she was very happy with him overall He loved his new tank. I was originally getting Fancy Guppies, but I kind of found a unique Betta instead and I haven't had one in 5 years so I decided to get him instead of the guppies. I can still keep Cory Cats with a Betta. I still have my feeder Guppy Bo II, so I was kind of worried about how they would get along, but they don't care about each other at all. They even swim together at times. He's from Petco. So far I am very happy with him. He's got a very cute personality. He is yellow and black with blue flecks. I think I am going to name him Buzz, because he is bee colored He's happily swimming around his 10 gallon!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BbgC2prIcAAxk4Z.jpg-large.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	57568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BbgCvuJIUAEsdMd.jpg-large.jpeg 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	57569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BbgDRhfIcAAbDe5.jpg-large.jpeg 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	57570

I think I can even take him to college with me next year. I have a 2.5 gallon

Buzz is cute! I love bettas! I have quite a few.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla