Thread: Remembering Phred and Smokey

Hybrid View

Remembering Phred and Smokey

Greetings all. I haven't been checking in very often lately, but PT is always on my mind and in my heart. I have the POTD as my home page!!!

Today is the 3rd anniversary of Phred's passing (my brother John). I am remembering the many good times we had together and our mutual love for animals. I have been extremely grateful to the PT family that opened their arms to him in life and gave him a place to truly express himself. I believe he found his second passion (fire fighting being his first) in advocating for furry critters and being a part of many rescues. And I can't think about him without remembering his furkids, particularly Smokey. I know many of you have favorite memories and still smile when you think of the threads he and the prayer pups started over the years he was on PT.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely, Nancy (AKA Bibette & Lulu)

Hello, Nancy - it's so good to hear from you.

I can't believe it is three years already. Phred was such a solid part of PT; I guess it seems like he is always here, somehow.

I wish he could tell us about the antics he and Smokey are up to, testing the alleged patience of saints!

Condolences to you on this day.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear Phred, I still miss you. I'm sure you and Smokey greeted Gini recently Thinking of you as I so often do.

Miss you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I have a picture of Phred with Cinder and Smokey and one of a Christmas card he sent me with them along with Boots and Bowser. I have it on cd too and was just looking at it today. I bet heaven will be a very merry place what with them meeting up with Gini and all the others from Pet Talk who are there. I'm sure Cinder misses Phred and Smokey a lot even now.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice to here from you! It is hard to believe it has been three years, we all do miss him very much! We are still glad Cinder is doing well in her home with Diana, where she is now convinced she is, indeed a lap dog!
    I've Been Frosted

I think of Phred almost on a daily basis. Sure miss the guy! Hard to believe it's been three years - on one hand it seems like forever and on another, it seems like just yesterday.