Thread: Recipes - Christmas sweets and confectionary

Threaded View

Recipes - Christmas sweets and confectionary

I just made half a portion of these for the first time and I think they turned out perfect. Quite easy, actually.

Cream Caramels

approx. 56 pcs .

½ l whipping cream 38%
    250 g sugar
    125 g glucose (glucose syrup is available in well-stocked supermarkets )

Cook all ingredients on medium heat in a thick bottomed pot until it is golden. Stir occasionally, this is especially important after about 10 min - don't leave it! It takes about 20-25 min. to make, but it's worth it. The caramel should be dark golden, thick and chewy.

Remove the pot from the heat. Set aside a small sample on the kitchen table when you have a feeling that the caramel is ready cooked. You will then quickly be able to assess whether the caramel will be too soft in texture and thus should be cooked more.

The caramel is poured into a container 18 X 18 centimeters which is lined with a butter oiled cookie sheet on both the bottom and sides.

Let the caramel cool at room temperature, preferably until next day - alternatively 4-5 hours-
    Cut it out in approx. 56 pieces and wrap them individually in cellophane.

The pot is quite easy to clean... put some hot water in along with dish washing soap.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Randi; 12-12-2014 at 04:47 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.