Thread: can cat personality change as they get older?

can cat personality change as they get older?

My cat is two years old. Used to be very affectionate to me. Headbutts me,purrs,kneading on me, sleeping next to me... but in the past two weeks he hasn't done any of that. If felt like a sudden off switch. I don't know what happen. Does he not love me?

Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk! Have there been any recent changes in the household? Any new pets or humans around? If not, a sudden personality change can be meaning he's not feeling well, and a vet trip is in order. Is he neutered?
    I've Been Frosted

When I first saw the title, I thought it would be an older cat, but apparently he's only two years old. Hmm! I agree with what Karen said, it might be a health issues. Get it checked out.

Oh btw, have you changed his diet?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries

Merry Christmas

When I awoke this fine A.M. my cat Mia had eaten three ribbons off the presents and barfed ALL over two. Re-wrappin' gifts now. Ewwww

Mia is very lucky she barfed the ribbons. They could have gotten down into her intestines and ripped them up.

After you get the presents rewrapped, please keep any with ribbons, and the ribbons themselves, somewhere she can't get to them. (Then you'll save yourself another rewrapping session, too!)

Pat (and cats)
    Last edited by phesina; 12-16-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries

Thank-you

You are so right. I knew better. All the presents are in the closet now. One we never use so she won't get in. They were just so pretty I wanted to see them but Mia just can't resist 'em. Now we can all relax (whew) She's such a sweetheart. I checked her poo, no ribbons, hurrrray!

Well done, Mia and mon!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery