Thread: Ed, exams and excrement?

Ed, exams and excrement?

Just put the Edster on cosequin (the cartlige supplement) and I have to say, that stuff really works!!!!!

--------------------

We took a trip to the West Coast and took the pets with us - Tuck and Ed are pretty good travelers and great sports about traveling via car.

Ed climbs into his carrier and sleeps most of the time - his favorite thing to do is to explore the rooms when we stop for the evening.

When we got to CA, we unpacked and settled in for the night - the Edster get's his food put up - out of reach of the dog, so he has to climb or jump up to get something to eat......

The next morning, Ed was limping about. It seems like his back leg was hurt.
    Sometime during the night, he hurt his leg. How? we really didn't know but it was bad enough that he didn't want to move around.

Ed was supposed to go to Kitty Daycare that day, but I was worried about him being hurt and left overnight there so I made an appointment with a doc at the pet resort we use and waited.

------------------

The folloowing day we made it to the appointment and took him into the clinic.

We let him out of his carrier and he limped about the exam room, It didn't seem like his leg was broken, but just to be sure.........

The doc came in and we explained what was the matter with him, then the doc began to do his work-up.

Soon, it was evident that the Edster didn't want to have anything to do with this...he was a little vocal and wanting to snap at the doc.

The vet got on the phone and called in an assistant to help out.

A few seconds later, the assistant shows up and the fun begins.

-----------------

They draped a towel over Ed and the doc began to manipulate his leg.

Ed begins to squirm and make noises that I have never heard him make in all the time I have owned him.....Growls, moans and screeching are coming out from under the cloth and I am kinda freaked out and a little amused - all at the same time!

As the doc goes on, I notice a puddle begin under his rear end to my chagrin, see that the cat is voiding right there on the table.

The doc, doesn't miss a beat. He takes a syringe and grabs a bit of the urine, in case we need/want a workup - based what he finds.

He then tell us that there in no break in the leg, that it probably is a soft tissue injury.

As he describes to us a course of treatment, Ed is still under the towel. The Vet gives him a nice massage and Ed, ever vocal, squirms and makes it known that he isn't a fan of this treatment.

--------------------

A few seconds later, Ed has squirmed around to a new position on the table and, as we watch, a small turd rolls out from under the towel.

-----------------

At this point I am mortified, doris is laughing, Ed is still fighting and the doc says something like, "I guess that is what he thinks about this whole incident....".

The Vet grabs up the turd and removes it from the table.......

---------------

After I gathered my wits about me, and thanked god that it wasn't anything more serious, we left the clinic. When we got back, I noticed that Ed wasn't as chipper as he was before, so I got some cosequin - Just like the doc suggested - and boy, what a change!

He's more mobile than he was before and is back to jumping up and down off of the sofa/bed.

I really had doubts as to the effectiveness of this stuff, but I have to say that it really works.

Now, If I can find out how to get the cat to void on command? I don't have to worry about a cat box anymore!

Obviously his vocal protestations were not working, so he decided to "express" his displeasure the only other way he could!
    I've Been Frosted

Aw, Ed I'd be tempeted to do the same thing should I receive such treatment!!! I hope you are all better soon.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, that was so funny. I'm glad Ed is doing better.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank You Richard for that story , and we are so glad that there is nothing wrong with the Edster!!!
    Many Happy Meeows and a Mery Pet Mas to you from the Found Cat Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The indignity! You tell 'em, Edster!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

That story had me laughing.

i dont feed mine before the visit.I learned my lesson
    My sweet little Angel (NOT) ...left a nice mushie,stinky pile on the table for that horrible man that manhandling her.
    The smell stayed long after the "Present" was removed from the room

Glad to hear the cosequin is helping the Edster

just curious ...I bought the one they sell at the Vitamin shoppe.
    I started her on it last Saturday.she "Clicks' when she walks.
    Are you giving him the pills or did he get a shot?

I'm glad Edster is OK. That reminds me of how TicTac (RB) used to always poop in his carrier. The vet always had a VERY fresh sample to check for any intestinal "guests".
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Ask I type this, the Edster is asleep on my thigh....

Thanks, yes he is doing better and walks about - more than before - he does this 'house patrol' and walks about.

I do notice that he does have a little limp when he pivots and torques back legs.

He's going for his annual exam in the next few weeks, so his vet can look at him again.

--------------------

The cosequin is a feline brand I bought from PetSmart via the internet. Again, I really didn't think that this was going to do him any good but, man!

It's almost as if he has been rejuventated. The pills are gelcaps that need to be opened up and sprinkled on his food. The dosage is based on weight and after you get the desred results, you can cut the dosage to one caplet, every other day, for maintenance.

thanks for the reply
    That is the one I am giving her.
    i had looked at Petco and Petsmart both were $24.99
    The Vitamin Shoppe had it on sale for $16.99 for the 55 count.

Quote Originally Posted by maid25cats View Post
    thanks for the reply
    That is the one I am giving her.
    i had looked at Petco and Petsmart both were $24.99
    The Vitamin Shoppe had it on sale for $16.99 for the 55 count.
    Wow.

I'll have to shop around for his next bottle, thanks!