Name:  CIMG0547.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  57.4 KB
When I came home from groceries shopping on Saturday I noticed immediately that Orion's right eye was all sticky and slimy and not open at all. For a second I even thought that his eye was no longer there. I called Trude the vet who was visiting her sister and recommended that I wash it carefully with lukewarm water. The eye was there but you could see that extra membrane kitties have and on top of that I could see that there was a tear in the cornea. So I called her again and she said it would heal but he needed antibiotic eye cream to prevent an infection. This cream is on prescription here, so I went to the emergency pharmacy, then called Trude again who explained to the pharmacist that she would get the prescription later.
The first days I had to put in the cream every 4 hrs. I am so glad- Orion is such a good boy. I set him on the counter, under my left arm, held him with my left elbow and my left hand in his nape and put the cream on with the right- he wriggles but he does not kill me which Filou, Tigris and his sister Kiri would have done. He gets treats immediately and does not even run away.
His eye is better now but not good yet.
As a friend of mine said: So sweet innocent Kiri inadvertently hurt him when she wanted to hug him.......I am not sure because that little girl is a bad girl sometimes (I don't want to use that other b-word) and she better should look for a lawyer- when does Amigo finish law school?