Thread: You just can't make this stuff up:

You just can't make this stuff up:

Reading the online paper occasionally brings some gems that I don't see in the print edition.

Just more proof that cops don't catch criminals because cops are smart, but because mein gott felons are stupid:

http://www.pressconnects.com/viewart...urn-himself-in

BRUNSWICK — State police say an upstate New York man was nearly three times the limit for driving while intoxicated when he drove 30 miles to turn himself in to troopers for violating an order of protection.

Troopers say 42-year-old Dominick Lombardi of Pattersonville agreed on Monday to turn himself in at the state police barracks in Brunswick in Rensselaer County. Police say he was highly intoxicated when made the trip from his hometown in western Schenectady County to the trooper barracks outside Troy.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Thank heavens he didn't kill anyone accidentally on his way in! Many guardian angels on duty, I suspect!
    I've Been Frosted

14 year old charged with stabbing 11 year old sister more than 30 times

This is so sad. I heard about this story on news radio. It sounds to me like the 14 year old had some issues. Details are slow to come out because the suspect is a juvenile. They are already discussing trying her in adult court. The mayor of Mundelein said, "Pray for us."

-----
    A 14-year-old girl allegedly stabbed her 11-year-old half-sister more than 30 times as she yelled at her that she didn’t appreciate all that she had done for her, including making dinner six times in a week and doing the younger girl’s chores, prosecutors said in court Wednesday afternoon.

The 14-year-old was ordered held in secure detention Wednesday after she was charged in the murder of her 11-year-old half-sister, who was found in an upstars bedroom of their Mundelein home.

The 14-year-old initially told police Tuesday morning that a Hispanic man had broken into their home, had attacked her sister then ran off.

But on Tuesday afternoon, investigators confronted the 14-year-old, telling her that there were strands of hair in her half-sister’s hands, and DNA testing would reveal more information about her attacker. The 14-year-old allegedly confessed to the crime, saying her half-sister had hit her the night before, had made her mad and did not appreciate all that she was doing for her, prosecutors said.

The 14-year-old said she woke up at 7:50 a.m., waited 10 to 15 minutes, went downstairs and got a knife, then went to stab her sister, prosecutors alleged.

They struggled, and when she realized the younger girl was dead, she stopped the attack, prosecutors said.

The immediate cause of the death of the victim was “multiple sharp force injuries,” which were “consistent with a fillet knife,” Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd said.

Rudd said there were about 30 stab wounds to the girl’s neck, chest and arm. In addition to those wounds there were three slashing or slicing wounds across the victim’s face.

There were another four defensive wounds to the palm of the girl’s left hand and a single defensive wound to the palm of her right hand, Rudd said. The girl had “bruises and punctate wounds” on the right part of her chest, indicating that the tip of the knife was pushed on it, but did not enter the skin, he said.

Additionally, there were knife wounds that “nicked” the carotid and right internal jugular vessels, Rudd said. There were two more stab wounds to the left upper lung, he said.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I do not think she should be tried in adult court, but I do think she should be treated seriously, give intensive mental health and other counseling, kept in custody and not just told all is clear when she turns 18. There has to be more going on here than we know.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I do not think she should be tried in adult court, but I do think she should be treated seriously, give intensive mental health and other counseling, kept in custody and not just told all is clear when she turns 18. There has to be more going on here than we know.
    I heard on the radio that this story was reported in the London newspaper and even in Australia. Wow. I don't think they have come to a decision about the prosecution yet. I hope they decide to keep it in juvenile court. It sounds like there was an element of pre-meditation though, in that the older girl set her alarm to get up befor e her parents and went to the kitchen to get a knife. It's just very sad.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

It also sounds like she was doing a lot of work at the house - do the parents do anything?

I hope a psych assessment is done. Pre-meditated, yes, but - just a guess - it's like she 'snapped'.

Horrible.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

In Ohio, if she wasn't tried in an adult court, the juvenile court cannot maintain jurisdiction over her once she reaches the age of 21. People that do these types of things- even at 14, are not 'normal'. Whatever normal is. And, I wouldn't want her anywhere near me, my child, my pets, etc.

What will probably come out is that she was exhibiting signs of deep somethingcrazylike and her parents/teachers overlooked it as normal teenaged angst. Look at the age of the Columbine killers....crap like this just doesn't happen at 7:50 am one Monday morning.

I read in the newspaper that the state's attorney probably won't decide for the next several weeks whether to charge the girl as a juvenile or an adult. He wants to review the circumstances of the crime, "public safety" (i'm not sure what is meant by that in this case) and the girl's physical and mental health history, before making a determination. In Illinois if she were 15 this would automatically go to adult court and she would get very little help, just a long prison sentence. If they keep it in juvenile court she might at least get some counseling or other mental health support.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Haz-M...243039591.html

According to the Endwell Fire Department, the man who lived at the home told the Assistant Fire Chief that he was making an illegal drug and severely burned his hands.

Emergency responders on the scene said the Haz Mat team was called as a precaution because the homeowner reported chemicals inside his house.

The small fire was reported after flames and heavy smoke was visible from the front window of the home. Flame were extinguished quickly.

Fire department members had to be decontaminated by the Haz Mat team.

It wasn't known late Friday the type of chemicals that were being stored in the house, but there were no restrictions for residents living in the area of Yale Street are able to move about without restrictions.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

When you cant even make meth, it's time for some serious introspection.....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The cause of the fire is still under investigation ...
    Is there no spot on the form for "human stupidity?"
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Haz-M...243039591.html

When you cant even make meth, it's time for some serious introspection.....

I guess it was a 'meth' waiting to happen?

--------------

I can't remember where it happened but some golf course had to close down one of the porta-sans on the links because someone had turned it into a meth lab.