Thread: Bo :(

Bo :(

This happened almost two days ago and I saw it happen. I was up at 1 am studying for an exam and often will feed my African Clawed Frog (I "renamed" him Niall, but I always called him little Bo) at that time. He seemed to like a schedule. I put the hood light on and watch him and saw him shedding, which is a GOOD thing. He was always a healthy shedder. So I was going to let him shed his skin (it usually takes 10-20 minutes) before I fed him. Well I looked over a bit later...and he just stopped mid-swim, fell and died. I moved him with the tweezers I used to feed him lightly, and he didn't move away like he normally does. I had him for exactly a month. I feel so horribly guilty. I know I was inexperienced, but I spent so much time caring and so much money to give him a good setup. I bought him nice plants, a nice tank, etc. His Guppy "friend" is still alive and so far that's the only thing I have in there right now. I have no explanation for the death. Water Parameters were normal...just did a 25% water change. He was eating, swimming, etc. I think it may have been because for awhile I was just feeding him Bloodworms...which isn't the healthiest choice for them. I will admit I didn't "research" it extensively before I got him. I just knew I wanted an aquatic frog. Maybe that was my mistake. I tried hard to make up for it. I'm sorry it wasn't soon enough, lil guy. He didn't last nearly long enough.

Rest in Peace, Bo. You taught me a ton in your short time with me whether you know it or not. I will always love and miss you. You were such a cutie. I am sorry I never got to feed you those fishies or anything good like I promised. My next one will last for a long time. But right now I can't get another one without feeling horrible. I love you buddy.

I know we preach about how you should research a pet and I guess I'm just a huge a-hole hypocrite for not. I gave him the best life possible AFTER I got him and I really did try but I wish he had gotten a home with someone better than me.

RIP little dude, my tank won't be the same without you..

Tomorrow I am taking the water to get tested. I am just going to get some fish (Cory's and plecos maybe, you guys know of my catfish obsession) for the tank. I may get 1 male betta but for now I have Bo II (my little guppy). I named him after my froggy. This sounds stupid but I envisioned when I got him of taking him to college and to my first apartment, etc. I just really loved him. They have a 20 year lifespan and mine lived for a month.... it just sucks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7694_10152140655406756_1812785840_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	57533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	486657_10152138254286756_1203313155_n.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	57534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1477461_10152162943926756_1175593793_n.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	57535

Aww, rest in peace, little froggie!
    I've Been Frosted

Very sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So sorry about Bo. I am sure that he knew how much you care for him!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am so sorry to read this. RIP BO.

You know, you did your best at this time, and that COUNTS. We can ALWAYS do more, no matter what the issue (pet care, self care, plant care, studying for an exam - you didn't HAVE to wait until 1 AM!). Sometimes, it just isn't enough.

Also, you don't know much about ththis sort of pet yet, perhaps he was ill or had some health issue. That is possible. I went through this when I lost my
    Tony - pup, it is very very hard. Sure I could have done more, and I knew better. But things happen, and they happen for a reason. Bo was not meant to have the 20 year life span, we don't know why and we may never know why.

Bo had a great time with you, and his guppy friend. He was eating and as you say, he was shedding well. THAT COUNTS.

I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you guys.

I know I did my best for him after the fact, I just feel guilty that I didn't listen to my own damn advice. I just don't get why I had to be so impulsive. I am just hoping he had a better life than he did at the petstore. I just wish I knew WHY he died. I suppose I'll never know, just gotta learn from it and move on.

RIP, Bo!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm sorry Alyssa. Don't be too hard on yourself. Very possible it wasn't your fault. RIP Bo.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla