Alright, I need any sort of advice. My cat is about 4.5 and here's basically her story in a nutshell..
About 4 years ago when I adopted her, I noticed right away that she was dripping urine around the house. She'd be laying on my bed, move and there'd be a urine spot. She'd jump up on a window sill and there'd be a wet spot.
I took her to the vet and we started on a cycle of trying all kinds of medications to treat her for a UTI, bladder infection, etc. During that time, she started dripping blood, straining to go and then ended up having to take her to the ER twice because she was in so much pain. She was tested and had no blockage or crystals, she was just so inflamed she couldn't go and had to have a catheter.
At some point, the vet decided to try a steroid to see if it would work.
It did work, to a point, but it didn't ever fix the problem. For the past 4 years, she's been on a near constant dose of steroid, prednisolone. The longest she's gone without dripping urine is about 6 weeks. Other than that, she'll go a few days or a few weeks and have to go back on. But as of late, she can't catch a break. She's been on this steroid nearly nonstop for months now. I'll start to wean her off and she just starts dripping again. Even when she's ON the medication, she's dripping.
Just recently, the vet tried an incontinence med used for dogs on her, called Proin. It made her so lethargic that I refuse to give her anymore and am now skeptical of trying any more medication.
She's otherwise healthy. Still uses the litter box, eats and drinks as well as I think she can! I feed her wet food every morning but she's super picky so she'll mostly just pick around it for the day. So I mean she's rather healthy. Occasionally, I wonder if she's expressing discomfort because of her situation, or if she's just being a wild cat. But she'll howl and run around the house. Either way, again, she's otherwise very healthy.
The vet is stumped as to what the cause is and how to solve it and I just worry that she could get really sick again. I want to find a solution for her, even if it means giving her something for the rest of her life. I just want something that will work! I see some bladder strengtheners on Amazon, also thinking of trying Feliway and a product called Leaks No More. I just hate spending more money on products that won't work for her. Obviously, I will give almost anything a try at this point, so want to see if anyone has heard of this before or has any suggestions!