Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buddy/Buster found his forever home! *Picture #59*

Buddy/Buster found his forever home! *Picture #59*

Sorry the picture is so big. I have a cropped one, but I had to take this from Facebook.
    Last night at 10pm (by the way, we are actually having freezing temps here in Cali) when I was getting ready to go to bed I heard barking outside. Bruce said "it sounds like it is right outside the door". I said "it is!!"
    He would not let me touch him, so I put my dogs in the backyard and opened the door and coaxed him to come in. He came right in and met Jax. Jax was probably thinking "they make them in my size too!!"
    Once he was in the house I was able to pet him and put a temporary leash on him. I do not have a collar small enough to fit him. I took him to the ER vet for them to scan for a chip. No chip and they asked if he was neutered. Nope! He is intact.
    I had no choice but to bring him home so he wouldn't freeze to death outside. So today I will walk the neighborhood to see if anyone knows or recognizes him. I am also going to take him to the shelter I volunteer at to use their scanner. The one at the ER vet looked like it was 100 years old.
    Let's hope I can find his home, or find him a new home!
    Oh, I've just been calling him Buddy. And it made me think of Buddy the elf!

Name:  1479299_10201685031780159_703212102_n.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  36.3 KB
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 01-09-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aww, no wonder he was barking - he doesn't have enough fluff to be outside on a cold night! Bless you for taking him in, I am sure someone is missing him right now!
    I've Been Frosted

Bless you for taking the little guy in to warm up. I hope you can locate his family.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I put my dogs in the backyard and opened the door and coaxed him to come in.
    Things like that have a way of paying off...

I bet when you step up to a big door some day, that there will be another Angel with their hand outstretched to help you in.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Bless you for taking Buddy in. I hope you find his owners.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thank you for helping Buddy!! Please keep us updated! Looks like you may have a foster...those never work in your house

He sure is cute! I'm sad that he was outside by himself on such a cold night, but I'm happy that he found his way to your house and was able to be coaxed inside, where he is warm and safe. Buddy is such a cute name! He needed to be someone's buddy, so he came to you for some help. I hope you find his person, or if not, that he goes to another safe and loving home!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just can't believe nobody is looking for him. No lost dog posters, no calls on the found dog posters or ads we put online.
    We are going to go put up more posters today.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hmm, I wonder if he was in town visiting with relatives for the holiday and got lost or something!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if he was in town visiting with relatives for the holiday and got lost or something!
    That's possible, but shouldn't someone still be looking?

I take it this is the dog from FaceBook? He is cute!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    That's possible, but shouldn't someone still be looking?
    Yeah, but they may not be looking where you are posting, who knows! I sure hope his owner turns up, have you called local vets to see if anyone recognizes him as a patient?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I take it this is the dog from FaceBook? He is cute!
    Yes, this is who I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah, but they may not be looking where you are posting, who knows! I sure hope his owner turns up, have you called local vets to see if anyone recognizes him as a patient?
    I went to my vet that is very close to where we live. I am also going to put posters at the pet supply stores. I will stop by some other vet offices too. It's just hard when I work all day and not local. But I am trying as much as I can. Bruce is helping too, so hopefully we will find them. If they even want him. We had the thought that someone might have dropped him off at the park that we live by.

Aww, poor guy. These cold nights are for sure not for sleeping outside.

I would offer to visit vet offices but unfortunately I don't have a car during the day :/ I can offer to watch him though, if your crew doesn't get along with him or something. I'll also post his pic on my agility facebook group, if you don't mind, those folks are mostly from around here so maybe someone has heard something about a missing Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    Aww, poor guy. These cold nights are for sure not for sleeping outside.

I would offer to visit vet offices but unfortunately I don't have a car during the day :/ I can offer to watch him though, if your crew doesn't get along with him or something. I'll also post his pic on my agility facebook group, if you don't mind, those folks are mostly from around here so maybe someone has heard something about a missing Chi.
    That would be great if you could post it anywhere and everywhere!!
    And I might take you up on the offer to watch him. He gets along great with the dogs. He does show some lap guarding at times, but nothing out of control.
    But we are going up to Tahoe on Sunday the 29th and won't be back until the 1st. I am hoping I will have found his home by then, but if not I was going to see if my mom would be willing to watch him along with Zoee. If that doesn't work out, perhaps you could watch him for a few days while we are gone. This way, if his owners do come forward he will still be in town (my parent's live 1 1/2 hours away).

Thank you so much!!