Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buddy/Buster found his forever home! *Picture #59*

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Cindy, Mikey was the same way you described Buddy...and he is not a small dog. He sounds like he's just going through the puppy crazies. PLUS, he is still intact. If you get him neutered I think you'll find he'll be a lot better, especially since he is so smart! He chose your house for a reason, because he KNEW you'd take care of him whether or not you keep him or find the perfect family. He is EXTREMELY adoptable being so young and small to! Boy, did this dog choose the right home to come scratching at the door LOL
    LOL, yes he did find the right home! And I'm just so thankful he barked! I would have never known he was out there if he had not barked.

Well, I think it's safe to say that nobody is missing him. We hung several posters again last night. But I can't help thinking........if he was lost someone would be LOOKING for him! They would be posting on all these sites that I'm posting him on. I just don't get it!

Anyway, my co-worker might have a new puppy for Xmas! I think she is the perfect person to get him. She is familiar with small dogs (has had more then one for 10+ years) and is missing one of her Chihuahua's she had pts this summer. It's still not a done deal with her. She has to convince her husband. But it doesn't sound like that will be too difficult.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Buddy's owner saw one of our posters we put up last night at the park. Apparently she moved and can't take him so her boyfriend was supposed to be taking him to someone. She found out today that he " left him with the lady at the gas station". The lady doesn't know what really happened. Anyway, she needs to find him a home. So I'm still going to see if my coworker wants him. If not we don't feel comfortable giving him back. She said she'd take him to her dad's. But how do we know the boyfriend won't dump him again?
    His name is/ was Lil Boy. Which we actually called him sometimes in addition to Buddy. He is 8 months old and has never had any shots. I didn't ask his breed or how she got him. But I will ask when I call her next week to let her know what's going on.
    Some might think poorly of her, but if she didn't care she wouldn't have called.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh good, at least now you can feel good about finding him a home!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Knowing his age is a big help - oh my so young to be off on his own! Good boy for barking at the PT house, Buddy!

Do what is best for Buddy -- but then, that's what you've been doing right along. Good job!

Wow, he's a lot younger than I estimated from the pic. Just a puppy really! No wonder he's being so naughty, haha! I really hope your coworker takes him. Sounds like a lot safer place for him

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    Wow, he's a lot younger than I estimated from the pic. Just a puppy really! No wonder he's being so naughty, haha! I really hope your coworker takes him. Sounds like a lot safer place for him
    Yup, after he was with us for a few days and became comfortable I realized he was pretty young. He tears up ALL of the toys. He even goes in and gets the cat toys. Oh joy! The cats are thrilled, as you can imagine. LOL

Still waiting to see if my co-worker will take him. I really hope she does! Fingers crossed!!!

Wow, I hope she dumps that scumbag!! I am glad you found out the WHOLE story though. I hope your co-worker will take him. Buddy certainly knew what he was doing when he clawed at your door LOL

So his original owner texted me last night asking how he was doing. This makes me feel like she really does care.
    I found out his parents are both Chihuahua's. She even sent pictures of them to me. His birthday is in February, so he is 10 months old, not 8. Still a puppy though!
    She did take good care of him. His coat is nice and shiny and he is basically healthy.

I am taking him to the vet Thursday night to get his vaccinations started. My co-worker is going to take him on Friday (hopefully this goes through) and keep him through the holidays for me. We will be going to a bunch of different places over the holidays and I don't want him bouncing around like that. I'm hoping her and her husband fall in love with him (like we did!) and will want to keep him. If not, she'll give him back to me and I'll continue to search for a home for him.
    I also found out my vet does rescue rates for rescues. So if I do get him back I'll take him in to be neutered before finding him a home.

Let's just hope he finds his home over the holidays with my co-worker!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    So his original owner texted me last night asking how he was doing. This makes me feel like she really does care.
    I found out his parents are both Chihuahua's. She even sent pictures of them to me. His birthday is in February, so he is 10 months old, not 8. Still a puppy though!
    She did take good care of him. His coat is nice and shiny and he is basically healthy.

I am taking him to the vet Thursday night to get his vaccinations started. My co-worker is going to take him on Friday (hopefully this goes through) and keep him through the holidays for me. We will be going to a bunch of different places over the holidays and I don't want him bouncing around like that. I'm hoping her and her husband fall in love with him (like we did!) and will want to keep him. If not, she'll give him back to me and I'll continue to search for a home for him.
    I also found out my vet does rescue rates for rescues. So if I do get him back I'll take him in to be neutered before finding him a home.

Let's just hope he finds his home over the holidays with my co-worker!

Aww, it is nice that you got to speak with his original owner, and got the extra info, and that she cared enough to text and inquire!
    I've Been Frosted

I am glad she cared... That is nice.

I really hope this pup gets a new home for the Holidays!

My co-worker has decided she cannot take Buddy for me. She will take him for two weeks over the holidays though (thank goodness!!). So now I must find this little guy a home.
    I wish we could keep him, but we just can't. I would love to find him a home with someone I know so I can keep up on him.

Wish me luck!!!

A lady that saw our Found Dog posters called and asked if we might need to find him a home. Random!
    But we do! So she was supposed to come see him last night and didn't. Now she is supposed to come tomorrow evening.
    She is already not scoring any points with me for her lack of enthusiasm and that she didn't even let us know she wasn't coming last night (Bruce had to text her).
    I do feel like I might be being too picky with this. But I can't help it!

Then another co-worker's sister might be interested. So I have a good feeling that we will find a home soon!

Hopeful news!
    I've Been Frosted

Just thought I'd come give an update. Buddy is currently with my coworker. Her husband is definitely becoming attached. But they have not come to a final decision yet. They have until the 2nd to decide, or they will bring him back to me on the 3rd.

Please, everyone, good positive thoughts that they decide they can't let him go!!

Ooh, quick prayers on the way!
    I've Been Frosted