Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buddy/Buster found his forever home! *Picture #59*

Sure that wouldn't be a problem. We are staying home over the holidays and on New Years Eve.

So far no one on the agility group knew anything about a missing dog, unfortunately. But they recommended the Fido Alert group on facebook but I noticed you have him posted there already.

He looks like such a sweetie, I hope his owners are found, if not I bet there's some lap out there that just need warming!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    Sure that wouldn't be a problem. We are staying home over the holidays and on New Years Eve.

So far no one on the agility group knew anything about a missing dog, unfortunately. But they recommended the Fido Alert group on facebook but I noticed you have him posted there already.
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    He looks like such a sweetie, I hope his owners are found, if not I bet there's some lap out there that just need warming!
    He really is a good dog. He seems to catch on quickly. I need to work on basics with him, like sit and stay. But I believe he is a fast learner. Once he can calm down and focus. He is very puppy-ish.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

He really does look like a total love bug. Is he scared at all? Skinny? I wonder why someone would abandon him like that, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    He really does look like a total love bug. Is he scared at all? Skinny? I wonder why someone would abandon him like that, if that's the case.
    He was terrified the night I found him. You can tell from that picture I posted. But now he is a happy camper! He is not skinny, his nails are not too long. He was taken care of for a while at least. Just upon a visual glance at his teeth, the girl at the vets office (not the doctor) said he was about a year old. If his owners do not step forward in two weeks I'll take him to the vet for a more thorough exam and a more accurate age guesstimate. The girl at the vet also said "'tis the season" for people to dump their dogs.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That's so sad what the girl at the vet said, about this being the season to dump dogs... I wonder if it's because they are planning to surprise their kids with a new pet for Christmas so the old one kinda has to "run away"? Really is heartbreaking

I don't know how I missed this thread!

THANK YOU for taking Buddy in and caring for him. He is a sweet dog.

You mentioned he is 'a fast learner when he can calm down and focus.' This likely is because he is an in tact male. It is hard for them to calm down and focus with all those hormones coursing through their bodies. And he has a little body! (We just had a discussion about this on the bichon forum, someone with a 2 year old male, in tact and a wild child, so it is all fresh in my mind).

Do you have long term plans for Buddy? Would you consider keeping him? Please give him a cuddle from me -- and one for all your crew, for allowing him to stay safe at this time.

That's so sad what the girl at the vet said, about this being the season to dump dogs... I wonder if it's because they are planning to surprise their kids with a new pet for Christmas so the old one kinda has to "run away"? Really is heartbreaking
    Well, this guy is not that old. We still think he is in the puppy stage, since he is chewing up EVERYTHING!!! And he is just very puppy-ish all around.
    And I think people dump dogs around this time because they can't afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I don't know how I missed this thread!

THANK YOU for taking Buddy in and caring for him. He is a sweet dog.

You mentioned he is 'a fast learner when he can calm down and focus.' This likely is because he is an in tact male. It is hard for them to calm down and focus with all those hormones coursing through their bodies. And he has a little body! (We just had a discussion about this on the bichon forum, someone with a 2 year old male, in tact and a wild child, so it is all fresh in my mind).

Do you have long term plans for Buddy? Would you consider keeping him? Please give him a cuddle from me -- and one for all your crew, for allowing him to stay safe at this time.
    Bruce mentioned that us keeping him is one of the options if we do not find his owners. But I think we are rethinking that. We are not set up for a small dog. He can get under the baby gate into the cats room. He is, as I stated above, chewing up all the toys (cat toys too!). Last night I got home and it looked like one of the toys exploded all over the living room. These are things that we would adapt to and deal with had we wanted to bring in a young dog. But since it's not in our plans.................
    But you never know what another week or two will bring. We might begin to not imagine the house without him, and make adjustments accordingly. My main focus right now is to find his family. I have to believe someone is missing him. He really is a sweet dog! Tonight I am posting more signs around the neighborhood and at the pet stores. I am constantly checking craigslist and updating my post so it is up toward the top for people to see.

I spoke to my mom about this last night and she said they could keep him (of course!). If we still have him. And he will get to meet everyone at Christmas too. So it won't be a huge shock for us to leave him there..........I hope.
    But thank you for the offer! It is greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Buddy looks like a keeper.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Buddy looks like a keeper.
    I would keep him in an instant. BUT I want to find his home. And we've decided (or I have) that we are not a small dog home.

Good news is I showed his pic and video to a co-worker that had to put her Chihuahua down a few months ago. And she is interested in adopting him if his owners do not come forward!! This is perfect, because then I will keep tabs on him and get updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I would keep him in an instant. BUT I want to find his home. And we've decided (or I have) that we are not a small dog home.

Good news is I showed his pic and video to a co-worker that had to put her Chihuahua down a few months ago. And she is interested in adopting him if his owners do not come forward!! This is perfect, because then I will keep tabs on him and get updates.
    Ooh, excellent - sounds like a plan!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Please give him a cuddle from me -- and one for all your crew, for allowing him to stay safe at this time.
    Please give him and all your crew a cuddle for me, too! I hope it works out that he can go to a new home with your co-worker if his owner is not found. I'm glad he is safe with you right now!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Please give him and all your crew a cuddle for me, too! I hope it works out that he can go to a new home with your co-worker if his owner is not found. I'm glad he is safe with you right now!
    Cuddles gladly delivered for you and Freedom! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Well, this guy is not that old. We still think he is in the puppy stage, since he is chewing up EVERYTHING!!! And he is just very puppy-ish all around.
    And I think people dump dogs around this time because they can't afford them.

Bruce mentioned that us keeping him is one of the options if we do not find his owners. But I think we are rethinking that. We are not set up for a small dog. He can get under the baby gate into the cats room. He is, as I stated above, chewing up all the toys (cat toys too!). Last night I got home and it looked like one of the toys exploded all over the living room. These are things that we would adapt to and deal with had we wanted to bring in a young dog. But since it's not in our plans.................
    But you never know what another week or two will bring. We might begin to not imagine the house without him, and make adjustments accordingly. My main focus right now is to find his family. I have to believe someone is missing him. He really is a sweet dog! Tonight I am posting more signs around the neighborhood and at the pet stores. I am constantly checking craigslist and updating my post so it is up toward the top for people to see.
    Cindy, Mikey was the same way you described Buddy...and he is not a small dog. He sounds like he's just going through the puppy crazies. PLUS, he is still intact. If you get him neutered I think you'll find he'll be a lot better, especially since he is so smart! He chose your house for a reason, because he KNEW you'd take care of him whether or not you keep him or find the perfect family. He is EXTREMELY adoptable being so young and small to! Boy, did this dog choose the right home to come scratching at the door LOL