Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

It's been so long since I've been active on PT that I feel like a newbie. I'm on Facebook but I don't post as much as I once did. I've had two more surgeries on my jaw since I posted on PT about it and it's been an ongoing headache w/trips to the dr. as often as four times a week. So I've been either so busy trying to catch up on "must do" things or I've been depressed about the situation and I don't like to post when I'm not up to par. My dr. tells me that we're close to seeing the end of all this but in the back of my mind is the fear that I may develop another infection and then the trouble would start all over again. I have to be so careful about what I eat and how clean I keep my mouth and it's taken away some of the joy of eating. There are so many that have problems far worse than mine. So I'm not complaining but just explaining why you haven't seen much of me on PT. I occasionally lurk but that's about it.

I spent 8 days in L.A. w/The Boy during Thanksgiving week. No one can cheer me up and motivate me the way he does. He treated me like royalty and paid for absolutely everything. We went to Ojai where he booked us into an incredible hotel and we shopped and ate and had a great time. The weather was absolutely perfect, in the low to mid 70's the entire time. Thanksgiving was a true blessing. I cooked for a dozen of us, many of whom are professional comedians like my son, some writers who write for TV shows, professional photographers, etc. It was quite the experience and above all, just plain fun.

Anyhow....I wish you and yours a wonderful and blessed holiday season. I'm determined to make 2014 a good and healthy year.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I wish you a very happy Holiday Season and I hope the New Year brings you good health.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

So sorry to hear you have still been fighting with your jaw issues, that sounds miserable! Glad you came by here, we have missed you! I know many people who would gladly burn the 2013 calendar and be done with it, you are not alone there for certain!
    I've Been Frosted

It's so good to see you again, Mary!!! I'm so sorry you are still dealing with these jaw issues. I hope your doctor is right and you are close to seeing the end of all this. We are all sending along our prayers and good wishes for you.

What a wonderful Thanksgiving week you spent! So glad you had this delightful treat.

Thanks for the holiday wishes and the blessings, Mary, and the cats and I are all sending the same back to you.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Speaking of cats, I can't believe I didn't mention the Fur Posse! Everyone is doing well at the moment. Creamsicle and Coco Puff are dealing w/their allergies but we've got it under control.

Gracie is my bunk buddy. She sleeps under the covers and she has to be sure that she's touching me, preferably lying across my arms, which I can't stand for long. Even if she only rests her cheek in the palm of my hand, she's happy. She's such a love bug.

Tiger Kitty has become such a good house cat but he does like the girls who, of course, can't stand him. He doesn't hurt them; he just wants to play but they'll have no part of it. He thought he was going to be the alpha male but Specs let him know otherwise. It makes me so happy to see him play like a little kitten. If you'll recall, when I rescued him, he had a temperature of 104, a broken tooth and an abscessed leg. Now he's all healed in body and in spirit.

Yodie is more vocal than ever and the best part is no ear polyps! She's still a jewelry thief, though. I call her my cat burglar.

Specs had his yearly checkup and Dr. Lee told me that Specs is absolutely perfect and for a cat that is approximately 13 1/2, that's fairly amazing.

Creamy has been on Royal Canin Satiety dry cat food and, thankfully, she loves it and has lost weight.

Coco Puff's allergies lay him low for a day or two but as soon as he gets the depo shot, he's a new kitty.

It's hard to believe that I have all senior cats now except for Gracie. I seriously considered getting a kitten (my cat sitter had a tiny black one that was a real pistol) but I decided against it. I'm getting a little too old to take in a youngster but if one crossed my path and needed help, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

So, that's it. I hope that all of your furkids are doing well, too. It makes the holidays that much more enjoyable when they're happy and well.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yay! Did you see Slick now has a Yodee, too?
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Mary! I hope next year is better for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hi Mary and welcome home! You have surely been missed. I've been away since Groucho went to the Bridge and just now trying to catch up with everyone's latest news. We're impatiently waiting for our new kitty companion Amigo to move in on Monday. If it's okay with you, I'll put you on our prayer list at church for a swift and complete recovery. My prayers and positive vibes continue to come your way.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Mary, it's been good to hear from you again. Prayers for your health and general well-being sent.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)