Thread: Throwback-Party: Show us your weirdest looks!

Throwback-Party: Show us your weirdest looks!

I thought it might be fun to travel back in time and reveal the worst fashion faux pas of our past.

I even decided to show you some of mine. When I was younger, I had a tendency to wear really strange things; somehow, I was never the "average girl".

This was 1991 at my graduation from vocational college; I was 26 and used to wear really strange hats and clothes those days.

This picture was taken in July 1993 in Cologne, the day after my sister and I attended a Depeche Mode concert. This is one of the last pictures of me showing my natural hair color, soon after that, I started dying them black or dark brown - and I still do. However, my hair has never looked this wild again. What was I thinking to leave the house like that? lol

At McDonald's in Kassel after a WWF wrestling show (1994). I have to admit that I was having a crush on Bret Hart those years.

Oh, and btw, just for comparison ... This is what I'm looking now, at the age of 48:
    Old, but boring! lol No more fashion adventures for me these days.

And now show us yours! :-)

Gosh, I don't even know where I can find some of "those" pictures, I'll have to ponder and get back to you! I do own (somewhere) pictures of my sister in rhinestone cat-eye glasses, but that was her, not me, and she's not a Pet Talk member ...
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, here goes. Judging by the permed hair, big earrings and big glasses, and shoulder pads, this is late '80s - early '90s. What a square!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Kirsten, with the lighter hair you look like Julia Roberts in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Okay, here goes. Judging by the permed hair, big earrings and big glasses, and shoulder pads, this is late '80s - early '90s. What a square!
    Well, the huge glasses, the shoulder pads and everything is exactly what we have worn in the early 80s over here...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Kirsten, with the lighter hair you look like Julia Roberts in that picture.
    Wish I ever had her hair! *sigh*

This is me, my brother & my old neighbors (who I love so much even now!) We always loved climbing on Susie!
    And before you all ask - that is a croquet mallet that my friend is pretending to maim Susie with.
    I am on the right in the red/white dress. It's one my granny made for me. She turned 90 on Sunday December 1st.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachme...&thumb=1&stc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    This is me, my brother & my old neighbors (who I love so much even now!) We always loved climbing on Susie!
    And before you all ask - that is a croquet mallet that my friend is pretending to maim Susie with.
    I am on the right in the red/white dress. It's one my granny made for me. She turned 90 on Sunday December 1st.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachme...&thumb=1&stc=1

So cute! My grandma also used to make clothes for me when I was little.