Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst thing your dog has ever "eaten"?

What's the worst thing your dog has ever "eaten"?

Today's pretty Abbey ate her mom's seatbelt - and I know a certain Newfie mix who once ate the driver's seat of his mom's truck ... I know a Sheltie who attempted to eat a whole plate of rich chocolate brownies (and promptly vomited next to my shoe ...)

What's your dog's most noteworthy chomping?
    I've Been Frosted

Let's see.....

Freckles? The "G" volume of the encyclopedia, and our breakfast one fine morning..... (She was a VERY well read Saint Bernard!)

Lady? 2 pairs of glasses, and a pan of brownies made from scratch.. That pup had an iron stomach.

Angel? A laptop.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

haha!
    Lolli and Buddy have 'eaten' ( or shall we just say destroyed) the wiring on a truck bed and a trailer, a lawnmower seat, several hoses, a Fedex package containing a brand new electric pencil sharpener, countless other packages...and we're not going to even begin to count the times I've fixed their kennel and crate!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

LOL, your question brought a great story to mind, Karen. When we stil lived in OH, we went on a weekend trip & had the pet sitter dropping by daily to take care of Star & Sherman. After we got back, she called and asked about getting payment, which confused me because I had left a check on a table along with the instructions for her before we left. I told her that,and she said when she got to our house, the note was on the floor and there was no check. A few days later, the identity of the check thief became apparent.... Sherman ate it! I was very glad I had left a check and not cash!

Star never ate anything weird, but as a puppy, she got into the food bag & ate almost 5 lbs. of food at once!

Jack likes to eat pencils and pens, and Moo eats everything. The funnniest was a husky-head tug toy. (I wondered where it had gone) She ate the whole thing and horka'd up most of it a couple days later. I kept track of her poop after that and found one looking back at me - the eye of the husky toy was in it!

Isn't owning dogs fun?

Hee hee - my cousin's dog, when I was a kid, ate my Aunt's gold necklace off the coffee table ... so Uncle Al got the delightful task of poking through dog poop until he found it - the dog, a beagle, must not have chewed, as it was undamaged, just, well, um, "fragrant"!
    I've Been Frosted

The story that pops into my mind is when I took our beloved Chloe to be spayed. Of course we followed the vets instructions and made sure she had no food or water before the surgery. When Chloe came to after the surgery she threw up a fully intact sock! The vet saved it to show me and remind me of the dangers of dogs swallowing and chewing on things that they shouldn't.

Finney our shih Tzu decided that my husband's hearing aid was a treat and chomped it of the bedside table. He "returned" it (mangled) the next day when he did his business!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    The story that pops into my mind is when I took our beloved Chloe to be spayed. Of course we followed the vets instructions and made sure she had no food or water before the surgery. When Chloe came to after the surgery she threw up a fully intact sock! The vet saved it to show me and remind me of the dangers of dogs swallowing and chewing on things that they shouldn't.
    Hee hee - "Okay, mom - if you don't give me food, I'll eat your sock instead!"
    I've Been Frosted

My $120 Oakley Sunglasses...that was the only time I've ever really wanted to beat the snot out of him..oh and when he ran away for over 25 minutes causing a traffic jam on a main road. The joys of Puggle ownership!

The only thing I can think of my dogs "ate" was when we first got Taggart he chewed up the deck. I put cayenne pepper powder on the spots and he must have thought I was seasoning it for him. He sat there and licked the pepper off.

OH, that just reminded me!!! Bruce grows jalapeno's in our garden. One night he had a red one and a green one he has roasted in some foil on the coffee table. He went to use the bathroom and when he came back the green one was gone! We could tell who ate it because Taggart was doing the "dog with peanut butter in his mouth" move.

The worst Zoee has done was when she was a puppy we left her in the bathroom (that's her crate) and she tore up part of the wall. Sheetrock dust everywhere!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well, this story is about what Sascha (husky-mix) wouldn't eat....

Sascha would eat almost anything. She would even "snack" out of the cat box!

Several years ago, we were invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. She prided herself on being an excellent cook.
    Frankly, her dressing/stuffing was inedible. I don't know what was in there -- and I don't want to know, but we pushed it around on our plates and covered it up with mashed potatoes and gravy to pretend we were eating it. We survived dinner but before we could escape, she INSISTED on packing up leftovers for us to take home.

Instead of throwing it out, my sister decided to give the leftovers to Sascha-the-cat-poop-eating-dog. Sascha took one sniff and walked away.
    You know you're a bad cook when a poop-eating dog won't touch your food!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Probably a chunk or two of muskrat carcass.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Lily ate half a bag of M&Ms when she was a puppy then proceeded to throw up the contents of that bag all over me a couple hours later... She was fine.

Brennan has eaten shoes, chargers, trash, you name it. Probably the worst was a corn dog stick... thank god he threw it back up.

Lilo eats sheets, shoes, chargers... I was pretty mad when she chewed up my $80 MacBook Pro charger, so that's probably the worst.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

My wife will kill me and Phoebe if she ever hears about this story! For our wedding my wife bought me a beautiful divers watch. The band is made out of a rubbery plastic material. I made the mistake of leaving it on the coffee table and Pheobe destroyed it! I vacuumed up the evidence and had to buy myself a new watch! I figure I will wait a couple of years before sharing this story with my wife.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Quote Originally Posted by Uabassoon View Post
    My wife will kill me and Phoebe if she ever hears about this story! For our wedding my wife bought me a beautiful divers watch. The band is made out of a rubbery plastic material. I made the mistake of leaving it on the coffee table and Pheobe destroyed it! I vacuumed up the evidence and had to buy myself a new watch! I figure I will wait a couple of years before sharing this story with my wife.
    Miss Hoppy - not a dog, a BUNNY - loved that rubbery plastic, and ate the coating off a pair of players before we realized it - and that was after she nibbled buttons off the tv remote!
    I've Been Frosted