Thread: Limba Passed Away

Limba Passed Away

Limba,the Asian Elephant in the Parade on November 16th.Sadly Limba was humanely euthanized early Tuesday morning at 12:34,she was 50.Apparently a tumor burst and lost a lot of blood,they didn't want her to suffer to they put her to sleep.The town hall has a book of condolence for people to write messages about Limba and will be given to the Zoo.An obituary with her picture was put on a funeral website www.northcuttelliott.com .In time they will have memorial for her.In the picture I took it looks like the old darling was smiling as she went by me.I am glad people for the facebook page that was started and got her in the parade.Maybe down the road they may get another Elephant have tried already a male Elephant named Colonel,he went to the Zoo in Fort Worth,Texas.it will take awhile to get over losing her but she will remembered for a long time by people at the Zoo and everyone in town.God Bless you Limba,free of pain and can eat all the Jellybeans you want,your favorite treat.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Blog Entries
    That is so sad.

She did look like she was smiling in your picture. I bet she enjoyed getting out & about being in the parade & all.

A memorial will be a great way to remember Limba, may she rest in peace.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

That is so sad. Elephants are such beautiful creatures, they have always been my favorite animals (along with cats, of course).

R.I.P. dear Limba!

Rest in peace, dear Limba, you touched many, many hearts, and brought many smiles to the world.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, poor baby! I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you, Barry, and all who love her and grieve her so very much.

Rest in peace, darling Limba, a BIG new arrival at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sure The Bridge is big enough to make room for Limba.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sure The Bridge is big enough to make room for Limba.
    Seeing as its origin is in Norse myth, and the bridge Viking warriors slain in battle crossed to get to heaven, I am sure it is wide enough for Limba!

I have mixed feelings about them getting a replacement elephant, though, knowing they are social animals and happiest in herds ...
    I've Been Frosted