Thread: Warning i saw posted about nutro pet foods

Warning i saw posted about nutro pet foods

I got this link/info from another site that I frequent. Never heard of this brand, but thought I'd be remiss if I do not post here:

http://ellyion.tumblr.com/post/67401...-food-products

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/nutro.html

I have no further info, and am only doing my due diligence here, so Karen, if you think that this is inappropriate I assume that you will delete post or whatever. Thanks!

No problem, it is always better safe than sorry when buying food for one's pets!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm just seeing this and wondering if there really is something to all of these complaints. When I first got Wolfy in Sept, he was on Verus lamb and rice. This brand is only available at select dealers, and when I was still in DE, Concord Pet carried it so it was readily available and I kept him on it. Once we moved to NC, there was no one locally that carried it, so I got the Nutro Ultra adult formula for toy breeds. I mixed this half and half with the Verus, and he readily ate it. Then every once in a while, he would vomit a small amount quite some time after eating, but I really didn't worry too much about it, since it was only on occasion. This past Friday he only ate about half of what he normally eats, and threw up a little again Saturday and wouldn't eat anything at all for the entire day, and he wouldn't drink any water either. That concerned me and I took his temp, but it was normal. This a.m. he was much brighter and alert and drank a good amount of water, so I prepared a small bowl of food for him, but he only nibbled a couple of pieces of the kibble and wouldn't eat any more. I fixed him a plain scrambled egg and he practically inhaled it - so he finally ate a little. I tried to give him a little more of the Nutro kibble and he wouldn't touch it, so I picked out pieces of the Verus (I had mixed both brands together) and he ate them. Maybe it's all a coincidence, but it sure seems strange. So I ordered a bag of Verus on line to ship here to the house and it should be here Wednesday, and when we go back up to DE after Christmas, I'll pick up a big bag of it to bring back. I'm keeping a close eye on him, and just might take him to the vet tomorrow - to be on the safe side.

Has anybody else had any issues with Nutro, or know anyone that has? I'd be interested in any input, since there are MANY negative reviews on this product, but then I imagine all dog food gets negative reviews at some time. It's difficult to know what to believe and what to ignore...................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how to keep my new Beta healthy. We have had this fish for 2 weeks and seems fine and dandy but I was wondering if there are any tips I should know about? Would hate to lose her/him, it's a beautiful fish. Finally stopped dating towards me every time I peered at it. Guess maybe gettin' used to me maybe?

I work at Pet Supplies Plus and haven't heard anything about this but will definitely let my managers know about this. I feed my cats Blue Buffalo Freedom. Never had a problem with it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    In the end, this is probably just a few people pushing the panic button, since there was never a recall or any kind of "official" warning published anywhere. I had asked my vet if she had heard anything about it, and like she said - "if you wait long enough, every pet food will be labeled as bad for your pet's health". How true!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~