I am slowly getting very into reptiles and amphibians, I can't have one for another few years but it will happen. I work with them on a Daily basis at my job. I've been watching Youtube videos lately and there are some reptile keepers who have smaller American Alligators. I will say most of them really seem to know what they're doing and have researched what they got themselves into...however, I was recently on a website and found that they sell them. You basically just have to click "order"....I mean of course it depends on the state and they I am sure have to follow those laws to but to me it's just ridiculous how easy they make it to get an animal of this caliber.
http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/all...-for-sale.html

So for less then $100 you can own your very own Alligator. I can see, maybe a Caiman, they don't get nearly as big but for the idiots who don't think about pets this is a dangerously bad idea. They're so cute as babies, and I even realize that but do people not realize that these things get 7-8 feet???? Just a bad bad idea all around, I don't get why they have to sell these out so easily.

And Sorry wasn't sure where to put this really.