Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

Hello everyone,

As you know, we lost Gini last Saturday to that dreadful disease, emphysema. Her brothers are unable to keep Annie and Emma and have asked us to help find them homes - we need to do this for Gini. They MUST stay together as they were originally feral kittens when she took them in. One of them (I'll find out which, and a lot more detailed info on personalities, likes, dislikes and musts.) is super friendly and the perfect indoor pet. The other is feisty and retains a bit of her feral personality…but is apparently a wonderful sweetie too. This is why they must remain together…they are bonded and the kitty that has retained a small amount of her feral instincts would probably not survive (emotionally) without the other.

Please know I'll get more accurate info as I've already invited myself to Gini's house to sit with Annie and Emma to get to know them again. Its been years and I need to reestablish that connection. I'll let everyone know more as I learn it. I know they are 13 years old, beautiful orange girls. Mike and Bill have both said Gini's younger niece has been coaxing them out and they've resumed sitting around the house amongst the visitors. Great news!

We have time to find the right home for these girls. Bill - Gini's brother - is allergic, so he cannot keep them, but has said they will remain in Gini's home (taken care of by Bill and Gloria) until we find that perfect place for them. They are overweight so a diet change is in order ASAP. I will gently ask them to change their food to the diet version of whatever they are feeding the girls - slowly of course.

So, I personally am committed to picking up Annie and Emma and starting the first leg of transport if anyone can help with that. Above all, we need a place for these two sweeties. Please, for Gini, reach out to anyone and everyone you can. She loved those girls like crazy and I know she'll be guiding their new forever home search from above.

Please post here or PM me (and Slick) with any/all ideas. Thank you!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I already started asking around at church - just in case anyone knew someone in California ... a long shot, but one never knows!
    I've Been Frosted

Has anyone kept in touch with Edwina's Secretary's mom, Sara? She might know someone.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe she is back in Chicago now.
    I've Been Frosted

Before I ask my California friends for help, which part of California? It's a tall state.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Gini's obituary says she passed in LA, and the notice was in the Los Angeles Times. Hope that helps.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes it would be beneficial if we could find someone in the Los Angeles area to given them both a loving home. Transport is an option although Gini and I never talked about how the kitties are in the car.

From what I know, Annie is the "alpha" kitty and when she tells Emma to get out of the way, Emma scoots. I have to reiterate that they are both very snuggly and I was on the receiving end of that time after time. It seems that they both prefer women so that's something to consider.

If transport is needed I am willing to kick in some cash to make that happen. I was looking for a way to honour her memory and I think that's the way to go - thanks to Kelly for suggesting it. I have no doubt either that Gini will guide us in the right direction.

If it were me, I would love to see them go together but they have two strikes against them, age and keeping them together. As soon as we get some updated pictures of them and if you have a FB account, please share and share and share. It really pains me to see them get uprooted but for the good of the kitties, I think it's wise.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am of very little help, but I really hope they can find a home together, maybe even a nice Pettalk home! I think there are a few pettalkers from Cali (though I do not know the specific area), is this already posted in the Pettalk Group on FB?

I am not sure who is who here, but this was on their 8th birthday!

Slick, I can't find Gini's profile on FB. If you know the page can you PM it to me? These were the only two pics I could find in Cat General.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I am not sure who is who here, but this was on their 8th birthday!

Slick, I can't find Gini's profile on FB. If you know the page can you PM it to me? These were the only two pics I could find in Cat General.
    Gini was anti-Facebook so she doesn't have a Facebook page.

She lived in Los Angeles. :-)

Slick and Kelly, thank you for doing this. Annie and Emma surely miss their mom, but I so hope they will find a loving home - together. I will share with the people I know in CA.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am willing to donate some funds to help out......

Thanks again!

They are beautiful kits, I can be of no help either but I pray they will find a new home and will stay together.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

How about asking Pam, Gini's friend/neighbor lady? Does she have any pets?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    How about asking Pam, Gini's friend/neighbor lady? Does she have any pets?
    I asked her at the service on Saturday but unfortunately her situation is such that makes it impossible. As well, she still has a dog so that would stress out Annie and Emma even more.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.