Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to vent

Mon

Hi Mon
    I sent you a PM. I don't do that often but wanted to reach out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    While I know family is blood and all, I have a mother with narcissistic personality disorder. Sometimes you need to cut people out of your life. Even your own mom. That is hard but not impossible. It can save your health and your sanity. Well, I'm always kinda teetering on the brink
    It is impossible to cut him out of my life. He lives with my mother and right next door to my brother. I don't want to cut him out, I just wish he wasn't so mean. He doesn't even realize that he's being that way. Or maybe he does and doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    My Dad is a good person, he just has some "issues" I will never understand.

He has taught me everything I know, my love for the outdoors, a passion for a career, etc etc etc. He always does things with me and FOR me. He taught me the values I am instilled and hell I look JUST like him. But some things I do not get. He's a republican, I'm an independent. He has issues with other people, and socially, and will always get nasty before anything else. But then again I am socially awkward and have temper issues at times. But my Dad would probably say something like this too.

Anyway, the beauty of it is, you are NOT defined by who your parents are. You don't have to be anything like them, and Cindy, you can pride yourself in that. Now there are still cons, you can't pick your family. You just have to deal with them a few times out of the year, or maybe a little more.

Regardless of any issues I have with my parents, I know overall we aren't going to see eye-to-eye on everything and that's fine. We are afterall, only human, and we are all different. Sometimes the reason we don't get along with people is because we've either been around them for too long or maybe because we are exactly like them we just don't see it. I am not saying that's the case here, but I have seen that from time to time. My sister and my mother for example. My mom says I am exactly like my Dad, but I don't see it.

I am glad after that bad interaction you had a good one today! But I can see what a frustrating conversation that must have been. I feel like parents are more inclined to try to get the last word in, eve if they make no sense and sound stupid.
    Sometimes my brother will do something and I'll say "ok, Dad!" He hates it when I say that. I even say that to Bruce sometimes, but usually he did something on purpose just to get to me.
    And I do have some traits from my dad. But I like to think I have his good traits (besides the super fine hair and no butt!), which I can't think of one at the moment.

And as I said, I do love him.........he is my dad and nothing or nobody can change that.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)