Thread: Crowdsourcing?

Crowdsourcing?

Just noticed recently that there have been a ton of posts (not here) about helping people out via crowdsourcing websites. Have cancer, can't pay bills, one sob story or another.

DO people actually use these sites to donate blindly, or am I the only one cynical enough to recommend that the "person" in question go to a church or other charity to ask for assistance?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I think most people get donations on those sites from people they know... just an easy place and way to get donations to that person.

BUT... I've come to a realization and a point in life that if I feel the Spirit is leading me to give to someone or to a cause... I will. Will they abuse the donation? maybe... but my heart was in the right place and I tried to help, if they don't take it... I did what I could. I'd rather give and have it abused than not give at all out of fear and not ever help anyone

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I'm not referring to the Imom threads, or similar.

What I'm referring to is blind crossposts, usually from members new to a forum whose requests look about as believable as the random Nigerian prince promising to send me millions if I help him/her get their money to an offshore account.

I donate to my church, the food pantry the church runs, and will give to special offerings for people asked for by the pastor.

I just find the whole fundly/crowdsourcing area to be rife for scammers.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.