Thread: Thanksgiving travel and storms

Thanksgiving travel and storms

The weather forecasters are in a tizzy - I think this new practice of naming winter storms has amped their excitement level. I know the storm currently crossing the country may wreak havoc with some folks travel plans, so want everyone to stay safe! Last I checked, it will be all rain by the time it gets here, and we will just be driving to New Hampshire on Wednesday, when it is supposed to be over.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? Planes, trains automobiles or hunkering down in place?
    I've Been Frosted

I'll be taking a car ride and only a few miles away so I don't see any problems just yet. I hope everyone stays safe also.

Name:  cornucopia etc..gif
Views: 57
Size:  8.6 KB

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Hunkering down at home. We try to never travel on holidays.

Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday everyone!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

1 1/2 hour drive to my parents house tomorrow night. Then on Turkey Day only a 20 minute drive to my Uncle's house.
    The forecast here says 10% chance of rain. So no worries for us!

I hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful holiday!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We're going to my brother and his family for Thanksgiving. They live about a mile north of me. I'm working Friday, 28 miles each way but the traffic should be pretty light.

Happy Thanksgiving, American PT friends! Happy Chanukah, PT friends who celebrate Chanukah!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

One of my nieces will be driving home from college in the storm, so I cautioned her to check her windshield wiper fluid, bring a bottle of water for herself, and start off with a full tank of gas. One doesn't usually think wiper fluid would be important in a rain/sleet/slush/snow storm, but often the stuff that gets churned up on the roads and splatters your windshield is more than the rain can effectively clean off!

Traffic here was already, at 4:30, backed up all the way from Boston to Sturbridge this afternoon, thankfully, I was heading East as that was filling in heading West.
    I've Been Frosted

We're going a few miles to my Aunts house, but my brother is driving down from Washington D.C....he's gonna be fun to deal with. I dread the day I have to drive all the way home from Upstate New York next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    We're going a few miles to my Aunts house, but my brother is driving down from Washington D.C....he's gonna be fun to deal with. I dread the day I have to drive all the way home from Upstate New York next year.
    Where in Upstate will you be?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm doing a fair amount of petsitting for Thanksgiving! All cats so far, all local.

The big storms are just missing us, so the weather should be reasonable.

Happy Thanksgiving, American friends! And Happy Chanukah, observant friends! (Of all species, for both .)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Staying home. If we went to our son's it would mean a trip through Ohio, Pennsylvania, down into Virginia - right where all the nastiness is. I never want to get stuck on a plane or in a car trying to get someplace in the winter. Not my idea of fun

I'll be having Thanksgiving here at the care center where I am living. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Staying here. Just one hour north it is a real mess and still snowing.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)