Thread: Saying goodbye to Malachi :-(

Hybrid View

Saying goodbye to Malachi :-(

It's with a heavy heart that I said goodbye to Malachi today. I feel like I failed him somehow. I knew when I adopted him that he did start life out pretty rough and was the runt of the litter. He's always been on the weaker side, but was a great companion for Phinehas. It seems like he took a sudden turn in his health in the matter of a couple of days that there just was no coming back from. Both he and Phinehas suffer from chronic upper respiratory problems and the doctor thinks that his body just finally gave out fighting it which caused him to go into liver failure. We could have tried to treat it, but the doctor didn't really give him very good odds and I didn't want him to suffer any further. I'm just so sad and hope Phinehas will be ok.

((((Karen))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. He'll now have Gini to welcome him to the RB and see that he's happy.
    Hugs, Kelly 💗
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Oh no! I am so sorry.

RIP Malachi
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This is so sad, I'm so sorry, Karen! Don't think you failed, sometimes these things are just not in our hands... (((HUGS)))

RIP, little Malachi!

I'm so sorry you have lost dear Malachi. Don't question your decision; I'm sure Malachi knows the way you feel. {{{hugs}}}
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am so sorry to see this sad news. (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm sorry to hear of Malachi's passing.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Very sorry to hear this, Karen. {{hugs}}

RIP sweet Malachi. My thoughts are with you, Phinehas and the rest of the family.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry about precious Malachi. You gave him a wonderful loving home.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

It is sad when our Cats go before we are ready.
    Malachi is such a Dear Cat and is now an Angel now and has his wings of silver and gold.
    Malchi will be with us at the King's Buffet , and will start looking for that place where you will be together gain in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries

Malachi

Dear Karen, I believe 4 sure Malachi felt loved and cared for every step of the way and that you provided all the love x 12. Remember babe.... cat's KNOW when they are loved! xoxo Wish that I could Fed -Ex you the best cake in the world, bless yer heart

I hope things will go well when you bring the new cat home. I am so sorry about Malachi. I had a similar situation when my cat developed a sudden tumor and the vet didn't give a good prognosis for recovery if I proceeded with surgery. I am always wondering what I missed symptom wise. Malachi knows you did the best you could for him and he remembers your love. You are honoring his memory by giving another cat a good home. Best of luck with your new cat and may you always have warm memories of dear Malachi. Malachi is always with you in spirit.