Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gini

Oh my goodness! I had no idea until I saw Noahsmommy's note in Malachi's thread! I'm so so sad to hear about this. Gini was such a beautiful and wonderful woman who opened her home to us pet talkers on a number of occasions! She was also very supportive of me when I was going through some very difficult times and her support was always so appreciated. I had no idea she was struggling with her health and am heartbroken to hear this news...especially today. I'm sure she will take good care of Malachi for me...tears are just flowing a lot today...and even moreso now...Love you, Gini!

What sad news. Emphysema is such a cruel disease. She is surely rejoicing now, breathing easy and free.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I coundn't respond here on PT until now - it just seemed like if I did, it'd be real. ������ The only reason I'm OK that it's real is that she's finally free from the pain and life-robbing symptoms of her illness.

Gini, our 'Mom' was truly one of the BEST people I'd ever met. The times spent with Gini - in her home with many PTers or just her and I - will always remain my most favorite memories. She would help anyone in anyway she could think of. Generous, fun and caring. It was so nice to have another Mom that cared for me. Even though towards the end she couldn't speak on the phone, email, or have visitors, I'm grateful I kept up my cards and emails to her - so she would always know I loved and prayed for her. Yes, we DO get busy in our lives, but we don't know how many days we have left and I know Gini always made them count in her own way...even when she couldn't do a whole lot.

My heart aches for her family - those beautiful nieces she held so dear. Her orangies, Emma and Annie...what is to become of them? I'm planning on calling her brother Bill in a few minutes to check on him and I'll let you all know - or Slick will - what we find out.

I'm at least comforted to know she's happy, healthy and free now....an angel that will resume watching out for her girls (((Tonya, Staci, & Me)))) and all she holds dear. I swear I feel her around me this morning and that would be JUST like her, holding us while we cry over her.

������ RIP, sweet Gini. Our loss of you here on Earth makes me happy for when my day comes as I know I'll see you again. ������
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 11-25-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I didn't know Gini personally, but I had snippets of conversation with her on PT, and heard stories from y'all. I know she will be missed terribly.

RIP dear Gini. Much love goes with you.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

UPDATE: Spike w Mike, Gini's Brother

Just spoke w Mike, Gini's brother ... He is going to be making a website in her honor where we can upload photos and write comments, so I am not doing the poster board as his request. The LA Memorial is going to be a smaller memorial compared to their family memorial back home - I'm gathering. I've deleted my threads as a result. Keep pics in mind though and as soon as he sends me the link to her site, I'll pass it along here. 

They are so busy trying to figure everything out and coordinate things...poor things! They are going to figure out homing the cats at a later time, but DO need to do this. He specifically asked for our help on this, BUT NOT AT THIS TIME. They have a lot to see to and I think are only available this week to settle her affairs...which isn't a lot of time - especially w a holiday smack in the middle of it. He specifically asked that we DON'T call regarding Annie and Emma this week/at this time - we'll figure it out when it's the appropriate time.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

OMG, these are shocking news! I'm speechless.

My heartfelt condolences to her loved ones!

Brief correction - the service in LA will be the only one, but Mike will keep Kelly updated on the website plans.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm still in shock and numb from the news. She will be missed so much.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh no! I'm in shock, and so, so very sad to hear that our dear Gini has passed. I knew she had been fighting this disease for a few years now, but had no idea she had recently become so ill. She was a PT original, and one of the sweetest, most gentle and loving souls, so giving of herself and always so supportive of others. She and I shared a love for astronomy, as well as kitties, and would email each other pics of the planets and stars, the universe. Now she lights up the sky with her own beautiful light and shining spirit. Heaven, tonight, is a whole lot brighter. Oh, how you will be missed, dear Gini.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 11-25-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I read this sad thread this morning and I still can't express the sadness I feel at Gini's passing.
    To think how much she must have been suffering in Hospital & no one knew or told us about it. I hope
    at least her passing was pain free & peaceful. She was the sweetest, kindest person I knew and she will
    be greatly missed. Rest In Peace dear friend.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rest in peace, dear Gini.

I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I didn't really know her, but I did know that she is respected and loved. RIP Gini!
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 11-27-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you for letting us know slick.

I am so sorry to learn this news Gini was such a nice and well-loved member of the Pettalk community. Rest in peace, Gini. I am glad that it was at least peaceful.

I am so saddened to read about the loss of another dearly loved PT member. Gini always had a pleasant word to say to all and was such a popular and cherished member of the PT community. How sad that she's been taken so suddenly.

I had no idea that she had been suffering with emphysema for all that time - what a brave lady. The website in her honour is such a wonderful idea, and I'm sure she would have been so touched to know that so many cared so deeply about her.

Zimbabwe 07/13

This comes as a total surprise. I hope that Gini sitting with Phred and looking down on us curled up with her furry ones that went before.

Rest in Peace Gini, you are no longer suffering