Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Beenie baby is gone.

Our Beenie baby is gone.

Beenie was so feisty and playful when we brought her home 10 years ago. She always wanted to fetch a toy or ball to the point of our arms hurting from throwing. She was always ready for more.
    She was our first baby. Our Beenie baby. She was Jeff’s dog as she got him up in the morning for her treats. She always ran to him and sat in his lap when he was home but she spent most of her time with me. I’d bring her to work, for rides, errands, walks, drive through, you name it. She was the center of attention for a long time. When we brought Frankie home, she’d bully him but enjoyed the new playmate over time. I remember as if it was yesterday when we brought Laura home. She was so cautious and loving toward her when she was a baby. She let Laura do anything to her. Her real joy was when Laura was old enough to start throwing that ball for her and when Laura was old enough to hold her leash when we went for walks.

Everything happened so quickly. She was fine just a few months ago but I knew something had changed. She no longer wanted to eat and paced around a lot. She just wasn’t herself. Her annual checkup showed nothing abnormal but I knew something was wrong. Lately she didn’t want to play ball anymore and whined a lot, then her seizures. The vet said it was probably a brain tumor. The last few days, all she did was sleep due to her meds and walk in circles and pant when she was awake. She was very confused and scared easily. She was unable to drink or do much on her own. Last night Jeff and I realized it was time. I took her to the vets this morning for mercy. I feel like a piece of my heart has been ripped out. I don’t know what I will tell my daughter when I get her from school today and she sees her Beenie baby isn’t here. We really loved that dog. She will always be a young puppy at heart even if her body was starting to fail her. This is how I want to remember her.

Name:  img_1246.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  1.51 MB

I am so terribly sorry. While I never met Beenie I loved the pictures of her and Frankie- and I am sure she was a pet sister for Laura too.
    Of course you did the right thing.
    She will live forever in your hearts.

So very sorry for the loss of Beenie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh, Beeniesmom. I am so sorry to see this sudden news. I'm saying big prayers for you and your family. ((((HUGS))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so sorry! Treasure the happy memories!!!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Yes, those darn brain tumors really make a huge change, rather quickly. I am sorry for your loss.

I enjoyed reading about Beenie's early years with you, she was a typical Boston in so many ways -- and yet, she was her own unique version of the Boston, at the same time. What a great puppa you had.

Again, I am so very sorry.
    That is a great picture to remember her.

RIP Beenie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, dear sweet Beenie with loving smile
    Shiny coat and loving heart, and
    Big brown eyes that could melt a heart of stone
    Your time with us was too short, but still
    Strong enough to last forever
    Your paw prints are for many engraved
    On many hearts, and that Boston grin
    (Boston strong, baby, Boston strong)
    Will echo in our minds for an eternity

The illness is now gone
    And you are now happy, healthy
    And an especially dapper Angel -
    Watch of your momma now, and Frankie, and especially Laura
    As we know you have made her a doggie girl for life
    And your legacy of love will live on and on
    For many generations
    I've Been Frosted

So very sorry for your loss of Beanie.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Even when you know it's the right thing to do, it still rips your heart out to let them go. Rest in Peace Bennie, sweetie. You took a ton of love with you.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so very sorry to hear about Beenie. Rest In Peace sweet girl.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm so so sorry. What a cute sweet baby Bennie is.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How my heart aches for you. For the loss of Beenie, the far away Boston that I loved, for you and Jeff, and for your daughter. You will experience that double hurt, hurt for your child's ache. I know it all too well, as I went through that with Jonah when we lost Allie Cat. I am just so terribly sorry for you all.

I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP Beenie baby.

Oh no Carmen, I'm so, so sorry. Beenie will be with you in your heart forever.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla