Thread: Trying to save Pixie -- please crosspost, tweet, etc.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Trying to save Pixie -- please crosspost, tweet, etc.

If you would be so kind to check on Pixie's page on gofundme.com

http://www.gofundme.com/5bini0

A dear lady and her husband are trying to save their Pixie. At this time, IMOM.org is not able to help raise funds, so out of desperation, we found the Go Fund Me site in hopes of raising funds. April (Pixie's Mom) received a vet estimate of $4000 !!!! She is doing her best to find another vet near her home in Easley, South Carolina.

Please share Pixie's link on your social media sites. April/Pixie are on Facebook took. (I don't have that link as Facebook is blocked at my work site).
    If you are in a position to donate, please do so -- Bless you!
    If you have any words of wisdom or know of a vet in her location that might be able to give her a better rate, please leave her a comment at her site.

Very worried and concerned about this baby. Thank you for considering helping Pixie.

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

April found a teaching hospital in Georgia. She is making calls to get an appointment as soon as possible. Hopefully, they could do the surgery for less.

Please keep getting the word out. Pixie has received $200 in donations so far.

Good news! Hopefully they can get the surgery done, and finish worrying about the cost afterwards!
    I've Been Frosted

Pixie has received $300 in donations. Please keep cross-posting and tweeting.

It is good they posted she did eat some, and go to the potty, so it is not completely blocked - this is a very good thing!
    I've Been Frosted

$420 in donations so far -- Thank you for sharing her story on the social media sites. Update from Pixie's page this morning:

MY Mommy is on a roll...
    MY Mommy is on a roll this morning I have me an appt. IN Charlotte For Thursday at 11am

Update from April this afternoon:

Hey everyone we just got home. This vet seems to think she doesn't have a blockage but still not sure why her intestines are not working correctly. We switched her foods and are giving her Miralax but if not Improvement by Monday back to the vet we go...Thank you everyone please continue to pray for Pixie...

Pixie is at the vet for an ultrasound. Fingers crossed that the results lead to some treatment.

Pixie doesn't seem to be blocked. So far it's a mystery as to why her intestines are not working right.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Pixie is at the vet for an ultrasound. Fingers crossed that the results lead to some treatment.

Pixie doesn't seem to be blocked. So far it's a mystery as to why her intestines are not working right.
    It is good she isn't blocked, hopefully they can figure out what her actual issue is.
    I've Been Frosted

April (Pixie's Mom) reports that Pixie is staying at the vets over the Thanksgiving holiday.

The good news is that Pixie is pooping so the blockage seems to be clearing. And the good news continues, the vet will perform an additional ultrasound on Friday for FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    April (Pixie's Mom) reports that Pixie is staying at the vets over the Thanksgiving holiday.

The good news is that Pixie is pooping so the blockage seems to be clearing. And the good news continues, the vet will perform an additional ultrasound on Friday for FREE!
    That's great, thanks for the continuing updates!
    I've Been Frosted

Pixie is home safe and sound with her family. She did not need surgery. You can take her off your worry list. Update from April.....

She was full of hair like her hair. Maybe after they groomed her she got into it? That's the only thing I can think of... So she had a massive hair ball...

Great news!