My sweet Grandma who was 18 has been in failing health. Last night she got so she could hardly walk and would not eat. I was carrying her to the litter box and water bowl. She went to the vet today and I was told it was kidney failure. With her age and health conditions she already has, fluids would only proglong her life not improve it.

Since she had very little quality of life the way she was: blind, not being able to walk or even stand without wobbling and falling, needing help with all her potty functions, I decided to send her to the Bridge.

My heart is breaking and I'm in shock so if this sounds cold I'm sorry. I have watched my girl go from a healthy happy girl who loved life to one who just basicly stayed in my bed and went to the litter box and drank water and ate.

She never liked to be held much but this afternoon while waiting for the ride to the vet, we sat in my rocker for an hour. She didn't move a muscle except for an occasional twitch of the tail. Once in a while I would feel her purr. I told her about the Bridge and all who would meet her there. And how very very much she is loved.

Chester, her long time pal, came over and they sniffed noses and he gave her a nose kiss goodbye then went and laid down.

Anyway, I will try not to second guess my decision. It was made out of love and to try and save her further suffering. Thank you all who loved my girl too.

I, may never be able to sleep again not that she is gone, however. Not sure the tears will every stop either for that matter.