Thread: Veteran's Day!

Veteran's Day!

Happy Veteran's Day to all in the military, all who served and those who are in the service now! I have had family members who served in the military most of my life - my grandfather (Army) and grandmother (Navy), uncle (Navy), dad (Army), and of course brother in the Army, and now a nephew currently in the Navy, and a cousin in the Army National Guard, preparing to go to Afghanistan in February.

While I was never in the military, I respect those who have chosen to serve.

It's funny, when I was a kid, talking with Dad about it, he said, "Eh, you'd never even make it in! You're asthmatic, nearsighted, and flat-footed!" "But," I said, "I inherited all those traits from you, and you served!!!!" He grinned, and said, "It was 1947 - they'd take anyone who was upright and breathing, pretty much!"

Others - do/did you get the day off for Veteran's Day? Just curious, I never have, when I worked for other people.
    I've Been Frosted

Happy Veteran's Day!

We went out to eat tonight as a family. My father was in the Marines and my brother was in the Army and served in Iraq for 14 months. He works for the VA, helping Vets to this day

Thank you to our Veteran Pet Talkers and family members of.

God bless!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery