Thread: Changing seasons

Hybrid View

Changing seasons

Besides the frost, which has its whole own thread? What do you consider land,marks of the change of seasons? I used my winter coat for the first time this season a couple nights ago, and though I haven't needed it since, it definitely feels like a page has turned. Before that it was a couple weeks ago my body decided it was completely time for oatmeal, which I never eat in warm seasons!

What are your signals? Do you notice the changing of the light, or the temperature changes? Just curious how other mark the seasons for themselves, as if we believed the retailers, Advent started in September, and Christmas is just around the corner ... not a reliable gauge!
    I've Been Frosted

Sure signs of autumn around here ... lawn bags filled with leaves on the curb on trash day, or a sign announcing the start of leaf collection. Corollary: when the air smells like burnt leaves. When the heat really needs to be on. When I start wearing sweaters. When it's windy, cold and rainy all at the same time. It's dark out when I leave for work and when I get home.

Good signs of autumn ... football! Chili! Sweater weather! Raking leaves! Hayrack rides!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

While I could never bring myself to hunt, the preparation and announcement of deer season is when I know the seasons are starting to change. And when I have to finally turn in the flip flops for the year and switch to boots... and sweaters! And when I no longer have to worry about shaving legs and having nice hair because jeans and a hat will solve all of that. I think I just summed up the colder months as my lazy season.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

The hunting gear comes out pretty early in my family..but I'd say when I take a hike and see all the beautiful colors! We're supposed to get our first snowfall tonight.

I would say the warmer weather but not this year. Coldest November in about 19 years lol. And we still have at least another week of cool temps.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

One question: Who ordered the snow??? Karen????
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.