Thread: Meet Bocephus!

Meet Bocephus!

or BO, for short! He's an albino african clawed frog. I went to Petsmart originally to get African DWARF frogs. They weren't selling them currently because they were all sick and so was their entire fish section! Something weird. Well, my parents are away and I wanted to get my froggies this week without their knowledge. So away I go to a different more local pet store. The frog I wound up with? An African Clawed frog. I was researching them as well, and they seemed cooler, but for some reason I was set on the Dwarf frogs because I had them before. The other store had both but the fact that these guys live longer, get bigger, sing, and eat live (well can eat live guppies when big enough) I just fell into getting one of these. My parents probably won't be too happy, but I can deal with it. They may even give me the necessary big tank I need for Christmas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-11-07 at 9.09.41 PM.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	572.8 KB 
ID:	57407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-11-07 at 9.09.15 PM.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	514.1 KB 
ID:	57408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-11-07 at 9.09.22 PM.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	464.9 KB 
ID:	57409
    But I love the little guy so much so far!

Anyway, he isn't really eating so far from what I've seen. The lady gave me a guppie with him by accident (I actually didn't even notice till I got home!) and I feel like that is eating everything. He is getting freeze-dried bloodworms and brine shrimp. Will he eventually eat? I just put him in a separate container tonight and he ate two but otherwise I haven't seen him eat.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Bocephus! You may not know it yet, but you are one looooved froggie!
    I've Been Frosted

YAY! Congratulations! I've always preferred ACFs to ADFs. I'm glad you ended up with one. He is pretty darn cute.
    I wouldn't worry too much about him not eating so soon after bringing him home. The stress typically causes such animals to not eat until they are totally settled and feel comfortable. Hopefully he settles in soon!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Well little Bo ate for me last night! It wasn't much but it was better than nothing I am really happy with him so far.

My parents came home to discover the frog, and actually didn't care much. My dad likes him and my mom is just angry I spent money. Wait till I tell her I need a ten gallon tank They threatened that now I'll have a mouth to feed when/if I move away next year... Well that was the whole point! I wanted a pet that was actually gonna last, and Mikey was gonna be a little difficult to take with me.

Glad your Dad likes him! And it's not like he'll be as expensive to feed as, say, a horse!
    I've Been Frosted

Bocephus is a cutie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla