Thread: Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

Hybrid View

Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

My dear sweet little girl is gone. 20-something years old and treated for years for kidney issues..

But it wasn't the kidneys that did her in, it was either a stroke or a brain tumor that got the best of her.

Rest in peace, Sweetie, there at the Bridge with Sydney and Priscilla and Lavinia and Christofur and Peony and so many others..

I love you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh, Phesina. I am so very sorry to learn this sad news. The last part of Princess Poppaea's life, the time she and Lavinia were with you, I'm sure she was a very happy kitty lady. She got to be a beloved PT Kitty, too. (((HUGS))) for Phesina.

Edited to say: I went back through the old threads. Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia and her sister Lavinia joined the Phesina kitty family in February 2011. So she was with you over two years Princess Poppaea, I will give you hugs and kisses in heaven, One Fine Day.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-06-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Rest in peace, beloved Princess!
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry for your loss---20 yrs, hard to believe , what a long life she had---I know, never long enough for us.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs! I am so so sorry you lost your precious baby. She had a longer life because you cared enough to treat her kidney issues. I wish you happy memories that will bring a smile to you in times to come.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to hear this. RIP pretty Princess.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm so sorry, Pat. She and her sister have had the best of all worlds the past 2+ years

Hugz to you, Pat, for the loss of your Princess. I'm know she will be looking in on you from the Bridge.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you so very much, everyone. This was just so sudden. She had been carrying on for years and years, eating small amounts of Purina NF prescription kidney diet wet food many times during the day and getting subcutaneous fluids every day. She just seemed like she'd go on forever.

Then Tuesday night she just started wandering all around the apartment and didn't want any more food and would try and hide under things. All behaviors totally out of character for her.

Wednesday she went further downhill. The vet diagnosed either a stroke or a brain tumor. We let her go.

Dearest little Poppaea, named for Poppaea Sabina, the wife of the Emperor Nero by her first owner, a Classics (studies of ancient Greece and Rome) professor at the University.

Last edited by phesina; 11-08-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Cali and Diego send comforting purrrrs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thank you so much, Gayle and Cali and Diego.

Death thought about it.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Dearest Pat ~ I am so sorry for your loss.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.