Thread: Not a good start to the NEW YEAR

Not a good start to the NEW YEAR

In between painting the outside of our house and going over to care for my mum, who had a bad fall, we decided to have one days break, and went to a movie, have to say the worst movie ever, we walked out, so DON'T be going to see The wolf of wall street, thank goodness i won the tickets and did not have to pay for them,we came home to find we had been burglared ,the scumbags, had taken my outside broom ,put it up through the cat door and opened the window, luckily for us we had deadlocks on the ranchsliders, and we also were fortunate to not be ransacked, they left the house as i left it, but they did take nearly all my good jewellery, they missed four good pieces, but they took pieces that mean't the most to me, my eternity ring, my husband gave me in hospital when i had our daughter, at the time we had little money, and i had seen this ring and commented on it, and he surprised me with it, so that one really hurts, and then another ring i had been given for a special birthday,and a chain and pendant my sister and daughter gave me, the rest did not have meaning as those, but still, it was mine ,not their's to take.

Worst part is you know they will hock it off for next to nothing,in all they took seven pieces of jewellery, i did not have much as it was, but over the years family had given me special items for presents that i treasured.

They did miss taking my white gold heart necklace, i assume they thought it was sterling silver, and it was next to the one they did take.

If only the kitties could talk ahye, i am just glad they did not harm them in anyway.
    I think because their only access out was through the small window they came in, they were in and out quickly,unfortunately no-one saw anything and forensics came up with nothing.

What gives these low life the right to take what we have worked hard for, it makes my blood boil.

I hope 2014 gets better as so far its been horrible.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hugs to you. Hopefully these items are identifiable. Do you have pictures of you wearing these? I wish you the best luck in finding those items.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, Carole, I am so sorry. That happened to my parents so I can imagine how you felt.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Carole, I hope they find the culprits and they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law! I am glad the kitties and you are at least safe, and will hope the rest of the year improves for you!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Carole, I am so sorry. Hugs and purrs to you and your family.

I'm so glad the kitties and you all are safe. I hope these dirtbags are caught and prosecuted and get the book thrown at them, and I hope you get your treasures back.

from Pat and cats
    Last edited by phesina; 01-13-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How awful. I glad the kittys were safe.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Goodness, I am so sorry! Yes, nice that the kitties are safe, and you are well.

You didn't say, but often there is also a weird feeling, that 'someone unknown' has been in 'my home!' That too is hard to deal with.

I like the question, do you have pics of you wearing the missing items? That would be nice!

I'm so sorry this happened to you Carole. Hope your 2014 gets better and they find the scumbags.

Carole, I'm so sorry this happened to you - what low life scum bags! Hope the police find them, and I hope you'll get your things back. Look at places they might sell them.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks for all the kind words, for some reason i have not been receiving the replies in my email, so forgive me for not responding sooner.

Alas they probably never be caught, no fingerprints were able to be found, so they probably had gloves, i imagine it was a quick in and out and grab, the jewellery was there for the taking and they took it. i do have insurance, but it is not the same is it,and i am just waiting to hear back from the valuers on thursday.
    I am hoping i can replace most of it, but of course the sentimental value you can never replace.
    Yes i managed to search my computer and found photos of me wearing it all, however some were not that clear, and i did not have a picture of the most valuable ring, but i did have an old valuation,so that should be enough,,fingers crossed.They took seven items of good jewellery and i am left with only four now, it really is upsetting,but what can you do, these low lifes are everywhere, living off others hard work.

yes i was relieved my house was intact and the kitties ok, as lexie was upstairs where they came to steal my jewellery, if she was on the bed she would have run under the bed,poor wee girl, if only she could talk ahye.

Yes has been a bad start to the New Year, with my mother being injured and needing taking care of , and then this,i am hoping for improvement,here's hoping..
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️