Thread: Need info on flea control

Need info on flea control

Hi all, I am in need of flea control to prevent Chelsea and Franklin from getting fleas. Here is my problem: when I use stuff like Front Line or Advantage, they act like I'm pouring on boiling acid. They absolutely hate it. I know it's not hurting them since I've gotten it on myself. Also, I check the application area and it is never red nor irritated.
    I need to use something so I'm looking for ideas. What brand has the smallest amount of liquid? Maybe if the amount of stuff was less, it would bother them less. I even considered giving them Comfortis until I read about all the nasty side effects.
    I'm open to ideas....thanks in advance!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I would use a smaller than prescribed topical amount. I think it DOES cause a reaction on animals, even if we don't have one. :/

I use Vectra. It is given once a month & is comes in a dosage per the cat's weight. My cat is not thrilled with any flea med. They can smell
    it from across the room.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well I have tried Advantage,Frontline and a couple more supposidly flea killers. None worked well for me. I have found that giving my cat one capsule of Nitenpyram-same as capstar once a week works better than the aforementioned products. I know you are told even by the vets that you have to use it every day but that is not the case.. It is a heck of a lot cheaper than Capstar and has the same ingredients. I buy mine off Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...pyram&_sacat=0