Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alani Is Back In The Hospital For A Few Days

Alani Is Back In The Hospital For A Few Days

Please send Alani some positive vibes. As most of you know he had PU surgery about 1 month ago. Last Tues. he started spraying a little bit after Ziggy hissed at him. My vet told me to keep an eye on him because the surgery shouldn't cause this. He tried spraying again Wed. night and two times last night. He would do the quiver tail and then just pee a small amount on the floor. I had already made an appt. for him and Blaze on Sat. at 2pm. I also noticed that there were very small pee biscuits in the litter boxes most likely coming from Alani. Blaze had been having diarrhea issues and also needed a regular annual exam.

My vet tried to put a small tube into Alani to get a urine sample but she couldn't. She saw that some of his sutures were still there causing an obstruction. She tried cutting them out and then using an even smaller tube. There was still some kind of an obstruction. She told me to leave him there and she might need to perform more surgery on him. Luckily when I got home she called me and said that she was able to get a urine sample. She had to position him just right.

She used a technical term which I've forgotten, but he's now been catherterized and will most likely be in the hospital until Monday night. He has something up in his urethra that's causing an obstruction and it needs a few days to heal. She'll call me again tomorrow. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. She also said that she'd work with me on the price.

Blaze was fine and only has some gingivitis so I need to try to brush his teeth a few times a week. I was giving him too much chicken broth and I think this is what caused his diarrhea. He now has much shorter fur around his bottom which I trimmed on Wed. night. I sure hope that things will return to normal soon. These two cats have really been stressing me out lately.

We are sending along our prayers and loving good thoughts and healing energies for dear Alani. (And for Blaze and for you too, Tracey.) Here's hoping this can be fixed up without too much trouble or expense.

from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aww, you and he will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for Alani and meowmie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers for Alani, Blaze and for YOU.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Purrayers for Alani, Blaze and Meowmie.

Sending Alani lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Prayers for Alani.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Prayers on the way for both of you!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugs and prayers for you and Alani
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Sending all my best wishes to you and Alani.

Oh Tracy, it's been one thing after the other. I hope Alani will feel better after the catheter comes out and get rid of that obstruction - and that Blaze will be alright, too.

Sending kisses to both.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks everyone. My vet called me yesterday and said that Alani is doing great. He was at the front of his cage purring and making biscuits. She said he's not stressed out at all which was great to hear. She did say that his urine was very concentrated and that there were a lot of stuvite crystals in it. He needs more water/moisture in his diet. It's hard when every time I give him canned food he'll eventually get diarrhea. Both Alani and Blaze have been this way since I adopted them. She was going to try giving him some of the prescription food to see if he'll even eat it. She also told me to look at some urinary over the counter diets like ProPlan and Purina One. I did and the ingredients are horrible with corn being the first ingredient.

I ended up buying some Soulistic canned chicken which has a high moisture content. One has 86% and the others have 85-84%. I think that most other canned foods have about 75%. I hope that both Alani and Blaze will be able to eat this without having any issues. I also bought two different types of drinking fountains. Both Summer and Colby seem to like them but they both love water. Colby thinks that they're new cat toys. I put one in the cat room and the other in between the two regular bowls of water. I saw Finnegan drinking from the one in the cat room and Blaze seemed to drink a little bit from the large one in the dining room. I sure hope that they'll help all of my cats, especially the males, to drink more water.

I hope to be able to pick up Alani tonight after work. My vet said she was going to call another surgeon this morning to make sure that he doesn't need more surgery. She'll call me some time today to let me know what's going on. I sure hope that Alani won't have any more issues from now on.

Sounds like steps in the right direction, so glad he's not stressed out by it all!
    I've Been Frosted

Tracey - our boy cat, Charley, was plugged earlier this year - spent 3 days at the Vets with a catheter in. They put him on Royal Canin Urinary SO, the pate' kind. He really liked it and so did Grady who once upon a time had some crap in his urine, though he never plugged.

Our Vet, Jen, said he wouldn't have to be on it forever, but he needed to be on wet stuff - the wetter the better. She didn't want him to have dry food any longer.

So a couple of weeks ago, he had his teeth cleaned, and while he was under anesthesia they took a urine specimen. When I asked how it was, she said "boring" And this was after eating mostly just store bought canned food